22 ammo testing with a Glock 44 round 2

Adam5

Round 2

I did unscientific and informal .22 testing with my G44 after work tonight. I was a little off as a shooter though. I simulated my local range’s indoor match course of fire, but did not change targets in the middle of the course.

10 rounds at 15ft, 10 at 25ft, 10 more at 25ft, 10 at 50ft, and 10 at 75ft in approximately 15 seconds per string.

Attachments

• IMG_1910.jpeg
    IMG_1910.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1911.jpeg
    IMG_1911.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1912.jpeg
    IMG_1912.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1913.jpeg
    IMG_1913.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1914.jpeg
    IMG_1914.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 14

Robust Redhorse

Every Glock I've ever owned has been 100% reliable.

It's the AK-47 of pistols, and of much better quality.

The 44 doesn't surprise me in the least.

I bought a Taurus TX22 a few months ago, and I been pleasantly surprised at it's reliability. This has been the only Taurus ( and I have owned several) that I have bought new, that I didn't have to send back because of malfunctions.

Maybe it's because it's made in Bainbridge, GA.

Everyone I had that was made in Brazil had problems, even the revolvers.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Every Glock I've ever owned has been 100% reliable.

It's the AK-47 of pistols, and of much better quality.

The 44 doesn't surprise me in the least.

I bought a Taurus TX22 a few months ago, and I been pleasantly surprised at it's reliability. This has been the only Taurus ( and I have owned several) that I have bought new, that I didn't have to send back because of malfunctions.

Maybe it's because it's made in Bainbridge, GA.

Everyone I had that was made in Brazil had problems, even the revolvers.

Similar experience as you here with Glocks....nary a bobble.....unless I started adding on certain non-Glock aftermarket stuff to it. Even then it runs great for me....just didn't work reliable for my son.

Glocks rock on...rain or shine.

As far as Taurus goes....I believe the folks at the Bainbridge facility are breaking their backs to get solid products into shooter's hands. They are likely still limited as to what they can do by their corporate bosses permissions. Therein lies part of their struggle. Corporate overwatch and knowledge that is distant...removed from what American gun owners are looking for right now.

It seems that it may have been easier for that plant to simply be a brand new gun manufacturer....and not encumbered with the Tauris history of slipshod customer service. They could have started with a clean slate and come out of their corner fresh and swinging away.

Hopefully they will continue on a path to success.

Adam5

I wasn’t necessarily testing for reliability. It was more of grouping while shooting freehand at 25 yards.

Reactions: Dub

Latest posts