270ar

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
I love the 270. Not near as much as my longbow but, Guess its cause I read a book years ago from Jack O a big promoter of it. Yep like said before if ya want a 308 or bigger ya gotta go bigger than the 15 and lots more weight. Seems like ta me anyhow. My AR is chambered in 450 Bushmaster and gotta say them Hornady bullets in the factory loads ar kinda thin skinned. Seem ta really blow up on ya. Reckon that's ah good thing in ah deers chest kinda like they got hit by lightin, no step, bang, flop. :D Maybe not in the big shoulder though. Maybe just ah three leg deer with ah real big flesh wound. Any how I got a 270 WSM with ah 24" Barrel. Just wonder what kinda deer killin that would do with those little
120s made for the 6.8. I'm thinkin around 3500. :shoot:

chuckdog

Don't know that I thought I'd ever see a public post of moderator calling someone's statement "stupid."

Disagreement is fine, seems the term stupid may be appropriate for more than one post here.

deadend

Don't know that I thought I'd ever see a public post of moderator calling someone's statement "stupid."

Disagreement is fine, seems the term stupid may be appropriate for more than one post here.

That wasn't the first time. Rest assured, that you'll see it again.

When folks don't know what they're talking about but believe they do, interesting things happen.

Fenderbuilt27

Been hunting with this caliber for three 4 years now. It has become my go to hunting rifle. So far the longest kill shot has been a little over 300 yards.

GunnSmokeer

Been hunting with this caliber for three 4 years now. It has become my go to hunting rifle. So far the longest kill shot has been a little over 300 yards.

You have an AR pattern rifle chambered in the widldcat caliber called .270AR? Not the .270 Win?

Where did you get it, or get the barreled upper for it?

does this use a standard A.R. 15 lower or do you need longer beefier AR 10 lower receiver ?

Fenderbuilt27

Yes, the 270AR is a wildcat chamber that was developed by Harrison Beene of AR15 Performance. It is built for a standard AR15 rifle. I think the last barrels chambered in this round were sold last year but a new round called the 270MSR will be taking its place.

rayjay

I haven't kept up with the latest developments but weren't the Grendel shooters fighting short bolt life ?

rayjay

BTW, I have a 6.8 SPC Savage Model 16 bolt action that will show what the cartridge is really capable of :)

Fenderbuilt27

I haven't kept up with the latest developments but weren't the Grendel shooters fighting short bolt life ?
Grendel guys were having trouble with bolts. The bolts for the 270AR are beefed up and I haven’t heard of anyone having any trouble with them. I love the 6.8 SPC. I have two now that me and my daughter hunt with. As far as over the counter cartridges for the AR15 to hunt with it’s my favorite.