.357 180 xtp in 350 legend?

hunter44a

I got a few .357 180 gr xtp I thought about using in my 350 legend. I know that the 350 uses a .355 but Ive seen info on people using these sized and unsized in their guns. What are y'alls thoughts?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I know a guy that uses .357dia in his 350L without problems.
His research online showed that it is common practice.
Neither of those is gospel, but start with powder a grain or three under whats called for and work up.

hunter44a

I know a guy that uses .357dia in his 350L without problems.
His research online showed that it is common practice.
Neither of those is gospel, but start with powder a grain or three under whats called for and work up.
Thats what I was thinking

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I would make up a dummy round and see if the 180gr .357 diameter bullet will chamber in the throat. SAAMI specs call for .357 - .003.
My buddy says that his barrel shoots the .357dia bullets better than the .355. So, it seems to be a matter of individual barrel specs.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
? ? ?
I haven't been actively reloading recently, but but always thought the bullet diameters WERE .357...
Google thinks so...

Screenshot_20240220_140959_Google.jpg

I've shot them for years and 35 Remington Contender tubes but the factory bullut dia. is .358.

Adam5

I guess it may vary depending on bullet construction. I know that lead Bullets through pistol tend to be a thousandth or so larger than plated.