4/8/15 success!

hambone76

Saw this guy picking around in one of our food plots all by himself this morning. I closed the distance to within 100 yards of him and after I got set up I let out a few soft yelps. He slowly worked his way in and after what seemed like an eternity, he got to within 40 yards. I introduced him to a load of Longbeard XR #5's and that was that.
Beard is 9.5" long, spurs are 3/4"
It was a great day. Heard lots of gobbling and saw one other mature Tom. God is good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 800
Last edited:

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
3/8/15? Either you were 13 days before the season or you got the date wrong. I suspect the latter. ;) Gil

tkyklr1

Congrats and nice picture.

hambone76

Sorry yall. I'm a bit tired. I got up really early because I have a long walk in. I got the date wrong by a long shot. I proof-read the OP and still missed my mistake.
I did kill him today.....in April
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

mike1225

Congrats. Nice picture.

Garnto88

Good to hear someone found a gobbler alone.. Good job and folks are quick to point out any mistake you make...

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
:clap:

hambone76

Good to hear someone found a gobbler alone.. Good job and folks are quick to point out any mistake you make...
We have several 2 year old birds on our lease that have no hens with them, or at least when I have seen them they have been alone. They have been rather reluctant to come in to calling.
I wonder if they have been getting whooped up on by an older or more dominant bird to the point that they are reluctant to pay a hen any attention.