48v golf cart on board computer

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Having had an old 36v cart for several years, it was just plug in the charger when needed, no problem. With the 48v I have now, the cart batteries need enough voltage to kick in a relay in the charger for it to begin charging. Have had to take a couple 8v batteries out, charge them, put em back before the charger would kick in. When the six batteries went bad, problems began. Installed 6 new 8v batteries figuring that would be all that was needed. Wrong, the light on the dash kept flashing off and on, and the charger wouldn't kick in. Researched the problem and found, the on board computer had to be reset. Went through the resetting process and everything is fine now.
No idea if anyone needs this information, but I sure did and nobody could tell me how to fix the problem. If anyone needs the process, I have it saved and can post.

Attachments

• buggyhunting.jpg
    buggyhunting.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 12

paulito

on a related note. My hunting partner had issues with his 48v beast doing the same thing with the charger. On board Charger ended up going bad. He had them replace it with an external charger has been much happier. The on board ones are convenient but have issues i believe. The stand alone chargers are tried and true. tend to be cheaper too.

transfixer

Having had an old 36v cart for several years, it was just plug in the charger when needed, no problem. With the 48v I have now, the cart batteries need enough voltage to kick in a relay in the charger for it to begin charging. Have had to take a couple 8v batteries out, charge them, put em back before the charger would kick in. When the six batteries went bad, problems began. Installed 6 new 8v batteries figuring that would be all that was needed. Wrong, the light on the dash kept flashing off and on, and the charger wouldn't kick in. Researched the problem and found, the on board computer had to be reset. Went through the resetting process and everything is fine now.
No idea if anyone needs this information, but I sure did and nobody could tell me how to fix the problem. If anyone needs the process, I have it saved and can post.

You may already know about this site, but buggiesgonewild.com is a great source for issues with golf carts in general, especially electrics, pretty much everything I know about carts I've learned from that site or figuring it out myself