500 acres Daviess County MO

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
This is long. Read and reply here with questions or PM me.

500 acres Daviess County MO

2021 was our 1st year here so it’s a learning process. The farm hunts HUGE with about anything a deer needs. Lots of thick cover, hardwoods, ponds, corn/beans etc. It sits on the border of Daviess and Dekalb county in NW MO about 60 miles south of the Iowa border. The owner lives on the property and has the most extensive road system I’ve ever seen in a lease. The woods roads are literally everywhere and will get you to just about any part of the farm no matter what the wind is doing and/or where others are in the woods etc.

Total of 4 members at $4375 each. Bow or gun or both. Missouri’s season runs from mid-Sept thru mid-Jan with 2 weeks of rifle season during middle Nov. Tags are over the counter and are around $250 for bow and $250 for gun.

Members can kill 2 bucks and does as needed. We only ask that you try and kill mature deer. Sometimes we may pick a few deer and talk about giving him another year or 2. Communication is the key.

These days we mostly use big 1.5 man ladders, but lockons and climbers are welcome. Folks can hunt any stand, but we do expect the new member to also provide stands and help hang stands. All stationary stands require life lines and climbers should use safety up and down.

Cameron MO is 10 miles away with motels, Walmart and restaurants and there’s also a good family diner and gas station only a couple miles away. There’s a camper onsite that Bubba and I used and paid nightly for. If we are not there then it can probably be used. John pulled his camper up last season. The 4the member last year stayed in Cameron. We had a good setup for cooking and the owner worked very hard at making us comfy and pouring gravel around camper area to keep the mud down.

The area has a very good history of solid bucks and this farm has a lot of older class mature bucks. John killed a fine buck and Bubba and I both had opportunities at great bucks but like a lot of years we didn’t kill anything :rolleyes::cry: . No doubt it holds some great bucks and has the potential for even better. We are just now learning the property.

Now the potential negatives

Property breaks up into 3 defined sections although they all touch. North Farm, Tree Farm and South Farm. The owner, his brother and son reserve the right to hunt one section during the 2 week rifle season. They only kill does and possibly what they call a scrub buck. This of course is not ideal, but is non-negotiable for the owner. The section they get to hunt is negotiable and they dont seem to care which section it is.

It’s a deer only lease.

The owner is peculiar and worrisome but worked very hard at trying to keep us happy. He does not want a lot of visits throughout the off season but again will work with us as needed.

It’s expensive…but so is life :bounce: Money is due as soon as possible.

Screenshot_20220215-160129.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Lots of quality mature bucks. We did not catch up to any absolute giants, but again it was our 1st year.
IMG_20220215_155703.jpgIMG_20220215_155937.jpgIMG_20220215_155949.jpg876b5802-a16a-4b57-aaef-88a784e187ca.jpg0b76aed3-60c5-4740-a416-aad176f089dc.jpg6242b9ba-7161-4fa4-ba42-c629d850b65f.jpg21f577d2-abe9-40b1-afd1-ebd5586fc85a.jpgf4289dfe-b647-46cc-8b0b-6993e599db86.jpgIMG_20220215_155548.jpgIMG_20220215_155626.jpg

uturn

Looks like the real deal to me!

Wish I could play but not in the cards right now!

Good luck with it Jim I’ll be rollin out with y’all on LFTT this time!

Havana Dude

I’m a few thousand short and 4 back surgeries into not being able to play. 20 years ago physically, yep, but I’d still be short on the funds. JT, I will say this, you guys are great at including us po folk in our hunts with LFTT.

jimbar

Dang it Jim, the check I wrote for another lease literally cleared YESTERDAY. Could probably back out of it but I wouldn't feel right doing that. We'll be in Caldwell and Grundy counties not far from you. Guys it's hard to find a proven piece of property someone needs to jump on this.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Dang it Jim, the check I wrote for another lease literally cleared YESTERDAY. Could probably back out of it but I wouldn't feel right doing that. We'll be in Caldwell and Grundy counties not far from you. Guys it's hard to find a proven piece of property someone needs to jump on this.

Glad you've got one paid for JB...hope it's great for you man!

southerndraw

If I wasn't hunting 3 different states already with a bunch of money tied up, I'd jump all over this, looks to be outstanding!

Jim Boyd

Great great offering.

ANY moment you turn into a 100% super hero with a giant buck on the ground.

Big deal if the owners hunt, the deer cannot GO anywhere!

Every farm (to the highest degree, at least) gets hunted so they just hunker down and hide.

People talk about wanting to hunt. Here it is, the real deal with NO surprises.

Surprise avoidance in November is priceless!

Man up guys, make it happen.