6 meat Brunswick stew

Dupree

Did my annual batch of Brunswick stew today. I used 2 squirrels, some shoveler breast and leg quarters, mallard leg quarters, a whole pheasant, a pair of wild turkey leg quarters, and 1 pound of pork from the local bbq joint (Evan’s). I used the instapot to pressure cook all the wild meat. 59B9E4E9-3695-4CAA-9737-C3933857E01C.jpeg6C377F38-235D-4ECA-AD7E-B1705DF4E0DE.jpeg3DC210F8-F2B3-4FA0-AB83-2F94EBEB0F94.jpeg083D04EF-06AD-4009-B5D5-609C5D89F552.jpeg

Dupree

Finally got to eat a bow of it with fixin’s. This plate of food is at the top of the list of favorite meals I’ve ever had. Glad I got enough to eat on for a few days. 32240A3E-407F-4F15-8B39-EC6420C6D395.jpeg

Dupree

That`s probably real close to how the original Brunswick stews were made. What you made there looks plumb fit to eat.
My bride made the corn bread from some coarse ground corn meal in a skillet she inherited from her great grandmother.

I joked with her while we were eating that if I was on death row I would request that plate of food as my last meal.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Fantastic!!!!

specialk

as Nic said, that's true Brunswick stew, as close to the original recipe as you can get......

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
That's the way my grandparent on my mama's side made it. Seems like every Sunday visit we would eat Brunswick stew with buttered white bread.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Killer stew! I bet it was good! :rockon:

Dupree

What do you tell the kids there eatin ? Lol
My kids were involved with cleaning most of the critters so they knew. My daughter (8 yrs old) took it in a thermos for lunch to school a couple of days. She liked telling everyone all the different animals she was eating.

I killed a big rattlesnake a few years ago and the first thing she asked was if we could have it for dinner, so we did. In her words “it’s the best fried chicken I’ve ever had”. She was there when I shot it, cleaned it, and cooked it but was determined it was fried chicken.