Brunswick stew with 4 kinds of meat

Dupree

Made this last weekend, figured I’d share.

Put a little bit of everything in it. 2 squirrels, 1 rabbit, 1 pound of pulled pork, and +/- 1/2 pound of pulled chicken we had in the fridge (didn’t plan on using it, but saw it and threw it in).
I pressure cooked the squirrels and rabbit together on Friday evening. I let it cool then did a quick deboning and put it in the fridge with its broth overnight. Saturday I went through the meat again removing small bones.

I do not have a recipe I use when making Brunswick stew, I’ve just read and used several along the years and now I throw together a blend of what I’ve picked up from the various ones I’ve used.

In addition to the meat, I used;
3 cans of Cambells tomato soup
2 cans fire roasted diced tomato
1 can stewed tomato
a few cups of beef broth
About a dozen diced red potatoes
2 diced onions
The broth from the pressure cooker (probably 4 cups)
A couple table spoons of minced garlic
Frozen baby Lima beans
Frozen yellow corn
half Bottle of bbq sauce (Mc masterpiece is what I used)
Some black pepper to taste. There was so much flavor in the meats, it didn’t need any additional seasoning.

I mixed everything together and let it simmer for 5-6 hours.

After our first meal of it I put up a gallon jug of it. Had planned on freezing some of it, but it was so good we ended up eating a meal (either lunch or supper) for 5 days straight until it was gone.
F96564A4-2034-4D12-B997-D3B90216BB25.jpeg0F9075CE-607A-48C4-83B0-47B6A48C642B.jpegADCED724-A082-406A-81A4-766F8CF9C625.jpeg47E71782-B593-45DB-9593-211F3BC1E6D2.jpegBF2E6DFF-1C52-4842-99A8-39BA7F2A4822.jpeg

Lindseys Grandpa

That's how the old folks made it . Used whatever meat they had on hand . I knew a old man who cut up deer for people and a lot of them didn't want the ribs or other less desirable peices he would bone it out and freeze and after deer season make a huge pot of stew with that as base . It was good.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
That is pure heaven on earth there!!!