7 point from my wheelchair

ChristopherA.King

I was hunting this awsome spot that I was given permission to hunt this year. It is just down the road from my house. It is a clover field on a creek bottom with pine thickets on one side and hardwoods and cane thickets on the others side and a big pretty creek running through it. The buck came from the pines didn't get to see him jump the fence (this field is use for cattle grazing) becouse I was looking in the oppisite direction. I happen to look in front of me and saw him comeing straight toward me across the field. I thought that he was gonna run into my lap befor her turned and gave me a good broad side shot. He ran about 50 yards and piled up at the edge of the field in some saw briars and that was all she wrote for him. It all happen so quick I didn't have a chance to think about and after I got to him I was tore up. I taged him as my anything buck so now the next one I am waiting on will be an even better buck not that I am not very proud of him but I'm sure in the spot that I am hunting when the rut kicks in here I am bound to see a big daddy rabbit. Thanks to everyone for all of the great comments I hope everyone gets to experence the thrill this year.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Mighty fine Buck,congrats!:cool:

Darkhorse

Nice buck Chris. I trust you're leaving some for the rest of us out there?
I know you don't really feel that's a trophy buck but next year hunt with a flintlock. All of a sudden any deer becomes a trophy regardless of of how the numbers add up. And if you do that, be prepared to go home deerless more often.