9/10 times the jake someone shot is not a "super jake". It is just a jake. Fact or fiction.

buckpasser

So a 2 year old is a true trophy? They’re about as dumb as a Jake.

Ambushing him on a chufa plot better than a hard gobbling Jake?

Not for me and I’ve killed a truckload of turkeys. Maybe a truckload and a half and call in a few for others every year. I’ll take a gobbling Jake over a silent longboard every day but to each their own.

Yes, a two year old is a Tom and so far superior to a Jake it’s not even close. I see what you’re saying, I think, about ambush hunting. Not my style either. I’ve killed about 1200lbs worth, so I’m not sure how we stack up? What kind of truck?

buckpasser

The shaming of hunters has moved from the deer thread to the turkey thread.
Shoot what is legal and what you want. You want a tom, shoot a tom, You want a bird to eat shoot what ever shows up.

Wild turkeys deserve more respect than sandwich meat. I haven’t seen any individuals shamed on this thread. We don’t all have to share the same exact beliefs. If someone wanted to take away your right to kill a Jake, you’d best believe I’d stand with you to fight them. This is just good thought provoking conversation.

280 Man

Banned
Is it a legal bird to shoot ? Why down another hunter for it then ? Hunt your own hunt.

I agree hillbilly, I've killed one jake in my turkey hunting career and that was early on!

It never ceases to amaze me how some people look down their pious noses at someone that has taken a legal animal within the the constraints of the law!

It's not those that have killed a spike or a jake that have a problem.The problem lies between the ears of those that want to impose on other as to what they should do!

Those that want to "target" 3-4-5 year old birds have at it but you must understand that others that won't do the same don't want or need a ration of crap from anyone over it!

buckpasser

My nose appears to be pious. Feels good.

buckpasser

Don’t worry. Sadly, my wishes don’t hold any magic power. If they did the world would look so much different.

KevChap

Banned
After reading this I'll be sure to post signs in the woods to keep the raccoons from eating the eggs with the small beards sticking out

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Super Jake. lol. Sounds like cartoons. Is that one of those with the mosquito bites on the back of his leg? I always hope his arch nemesis MegaTom shows up.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
The shaming of hunters has moved from the deer thread to the turkey thread.
Shoot what is legal and what you want. You want a tom, shoot a tom, You want a bird to eat shoot what ever shows up.

It won`t happen here or in the deer threads anymore. Any member can feel free to post their kills and catches without the worry of anybody looking down on them.

Trust me on that. :)

Hillbilly stalker

I've seen several members post their first bird, some after long long hard efforts. Seen some post their child's 1st bird.....it brings me great joy. I remember my first bird and can only hope they enjoyed theirs that much. I'm proud for them. And I love seeing them young uns grin like that !

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It won`t happen here or in the deer threads anymore. Any member can feel free to post their kills and catches without the worry of anybody looking down on them.

Trust me on that. :)
x2.