A Fishing Tale With A Happy Ending...

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Early yesterday morning my Daughter and SIL called and asked if they could meet me up in the country and we all go fishing together as they love the outdoors as much as I do. They also especially LOVE fishing and my Daughter has a wonderful talent in knowing how to put on those fantastic "brown jackets" on lots of fish as well. :cheers:

It ultimately worked out perfectly as I had a great time with my Daughter and SIL as they met me up in the country as we all enjoyed fishing together. Unfortunately, they didn't have as much success as I did because I caught 5 bass and lost 4 others during a span of an hour and a half. I was fishing on the opposite side of the pond from them and was using a "glitter"/purple colored curly tail plastic worm and I caught one bass initially. However, when I started using a dark blue, speckled/glitter colored plastic worm, the bass ate it up as I had numerous strikes. Once, I set the hook, every bass ended up jumping up out of the water as I continued to reel them in so they could also see the action from across the pond each time as I was reeling it in.

The last one I caught was the biggest and I had a hard time getting it to the shore due to some floating type of "moss/grass-mat" etc. Just as I got the bass close enough to reach out and try to carefully grab it, in the process of reaching out down the slope area, I slipped on the 2 foot incline covered with pine needles and grass etc and I ended up with my right foot and leg up to my rear-end in the pond and also my left knee-cap area scraped up as well.

My Daughter and SIL set a speed record as they came running around the pond to help me be able to get up and out of the water. This happening ended our fishing rather quickly. I was ultimately able to drive back home with my barefoot right foot etc. Thankfully, today my left leg and knee feel alright and my Daughter and SIL now have a bunch of fish for an upcoming fish-fry with their friends back in Statesboro. The three of us had a fantastic time just be being together and we certainly didn't expect this happening but it turned out well in the long run.

Now, I need to see if I can purchase several of that same type of plastic worm design as we could not believe that the bass went crazy once I starting using that design. I had owned that plastic worm for about 5 plus years or so and I am hoping that I might be able to find one similar for replacements.

Now in a TRUE Fisherman's tale.....my late grandfather, who was indeed a true fisherman most of his lifetime would say, "even a photo of these fish being held up by me actually weighed 9 pounds". :pop:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Good story Mike. Congrats on a great day with a little excitement and no permanent damage.

Latest posts