A funny thing happened on the way to the Kroger exit

oldfella1962

I'm heading toward the door pushing my cart after already enduring a problem with the self-checkout malfunctioning :( and KA-ZANG! One of my wheels locked up and the cart came to a jerking halt. I figured a wheel went wonky suddenly. I tried pushing the cart again and it was still bucking all over. Was the cart hooked on something? The cart was working fine a few seconds ago. Turns out Kroger has a SECURITY BOOT
on the cart! Just like a tire boot on your car to keep you from driving. :oops: Apparently, it's an anti-theft device. A clerk had to scan the wheel and unlock it - it should have happened automatically after my purchase, but
it had malfunctioned.

georgia_home

Yeah day do. Been going around for a while and at a number of different places including kRoger and their subs

georgia_home

follow up. Many stores with 2 entry/exit points at opposite ends are blocking off one during non prime hours. And high(er) loss areas

been going on for a while too.

DannyW

I worked service on Walmart handicap riding carts for awhile. Installed a bunch of anti-theft devices that used GPS to shut down the cart when it got a certain range from the store. Before that, people would literally ride the carts home after shopping.

A store employee at a location on Memorial Drive got a call to turn his self in at the Dekalb County jail about 2-3 miles away. He hopped on a cart, stopped at a liquor store on the way to get a bottle, and then pulled into the jail about an hour later, sloppy drunk. :rofl:

sinclair1

They keep passing polices to NOT stop thieves and it’s going to get worse.

I sacked groceries for Kroger in high school and we had people come back, because when they got to the car, they relized they didn’t pay for something.

HermanMerman

I sacked groceries for Kroger in high school and we had people come back, because when they got to the car, they relized they didn’t pay for something.

Imagine someone paying with a ten and getting change back for a twenty. That of course if anyone pays with actual money these days.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I was a bag boy for Pic n Save back in the day. A local grocery store too, Miller's I believe it was. Nobody stole nothing because they was afraid to go to jail. Crescent City, Florida was a small town and did not harbor any criminals back in them days. We worked in a store, or fruit and produce them days to make our pot money. No bull crap was tolerated.

turkeykirk

Ingles is doing the same in some locations.

hopper

I did that at Ace the other day. Dingbat behind the counter acted annoyed that he had to ring it up.

• Wow
Reactions: Dub

Dr. Strangelove

follow up. Many stores with 2 entry/exit points at opposite ends are blocking off one during non prime hours. And high(er) loss areas

been going on for a while too.
This has been the case in Athens for a couple of years now. I don't think there are any 24 stores anymore, except convenience stores. Too much theft.

Some stores are even bolting vertical poles to grocery carts so you can't take them out of the building. This stops roll outs - where people simply roll a cart of merchandise out the door without paying, and cart theft - in poorer areas, people will just take the carts home with them.

Resica

This has been the case in Athens for a couple of years now. I don't think there are any 24 stores anymore, except convenience stores. Too much theft.

Some stores are even bolting vertical poles to grocery carts so you can't take them out of the building. This stops roll outs - where people simply roll a cart of merchandise out the door without paying, and cart theft - in poorer areas, people will just take the carts home with them.
What would people do with a cart if they stole one?