A Lesson Learned

crackerdave

I recently drove all over Florida and half of Georgia in a rented Kia Forte with backwards turn signals.Push down on turn signal lever and right signal comes on.Push up,left signal comes on. The indicator lights on the dash were correct.
I didn't know this until I was returning the car and my buddy was behind me.
That could easily have caused a bad wreck.Neither me nor the rental guy in Jacksonville nor the Kia factory gave the car a proper pre-trip inspection.
Lesson learned,and it didn't cost anything this time.

We told the guy at Enterprise in Lagrange about it...I hope they get it fixed before they rent that car again.It only had 3 thousand miles on it.

Last edited:

crackerdave

Dave, in your defense, who would ever think to check that when renting a car? I have never even considered doing that, just assume they work right.
I will never assume again!

I cringe to think about all the lane changes I did on I -75 with backward signals.Maybe folks saw the Fla tag and said "That explains it."

Last edited:

sbroadwell

I will never assume again!

I cringe to think about all the lane changes I did on I -75 with backward signals.Maybe folks saw the Fla tag and said "That explains it."
Probably just thought you were a Florida man.
Wait, weren't you orginally a Florida man? :)

bighonkinjeep

If I had to guess, Its probably something to do with and aftermarket information gathering device, tracker or other device plugged into the computer or wiring harness by the rental company.
Glad you got out of it safely.
Ive been given cars with gashed tire sidewalls, screwed up windsheild wipers a cracked windsheild
and body damage but never thought to check for opposite turn signals.

Latest posts