A pair of 10s

bullgator

F506F89A-782F-4C3B-8930-B54A4C7F4CF9.jpeg
I just added a 10mm revolver to go along with my Dan Wesson. My inspiration for doing so was loading some hot stuff that I decided not to run through the 1911 platform, although they would most likely have been fine. Anyway, I’ll head to the range tomorrow and give her a go.

Dub

Great handguns you have there.

I've been kicking around the idea of getting a 4.25" 45acp Valor for a while now.

biggdogg

A 1911 in 10mm is on my short list. That's a mighty nice one you got there sir.

Reactions: Dub

Big7

The Oracle
Can't beat that Ruger.IMO
I've fed my (2) some seriously hot loads. No problem. Not suggesting anyone going over publishers Max. I've been handloading a while and don't share the hot stuff.

bullgator

Great handguns you have there.

I've been kicking around the idea of getting a 4.25" 45acp Valor for a while now.
Oh yea, a V-Bob would rock! That’s actually what I was hankering for when I took a turn and ended up with the 10mm.

Dub

Oh yea, a V-Bob would rock! That’s actually what I was hankering for when I took a turn and ended up with the 10mm.

I’m actually wanting the full grip model.

I’d likely add a magwell mainspring housing to it.

bullgator

You can’t go wrong with any DW.

bullgator

The Ruger shot very good. However, as nice looking as that Hogue wood grip is, it recoils right into the bone at the base of my thumb. I’m afraid a Hogue nylon grip is in my near future :cry:. Once I get that little issue solved, I should be able to give it a much better accuracy test. The early indications are it should be a very accurate revolver.

Stroker

Had one of the first S&W 10 mm's, the 1006 model. Loved the gun but back then 10 mm was new and ammo was $$$ so I traded it off like a fool, sure would like to have it back today. I do like the 10 mm round and have entertained the future purchase of a S&W 610 revolver though.

lancek742

Nice. The timing is perfect as I have been considering a 9MM revolver for the last week or so, but not a lot of options in a 4 inch barrel. Just might have to direct my attention to the 10 MM now.

rosewood

Had one of the first S&W 10 mm's, the 1006 model. Loved the gun but back then 10 mm was new and ammo was $$$ so I traded it off like a fool, sure would like to have it back today.
Yep, they are going for like $1100+ these days. I had been wanting one for a while since the model number is my birthday and should have grabbed one when I saw them for $500, but I was to cheap then. Will probably never get one now. Will have to just live with my 1076 that I got for $350 back in the day.

Rosewood

rosewood

View attachment 960830
I just added a 10mm revolver to go along with my Dan Wesson. My inspiration for doing so was loading some hot stuff that I decided not to run through the 1911 platform, although they would most likely have been fine. Anyway, I’ll head to the range tomorrow and give her a go.

Nice pair. Seems like I watched a video on youtube where a guy bored the Ruger and made it a 10mm Magnum. I believe I would leave it as 10mm myself so you wouldn't have to use moon clips on 10mm ammo.

Rosewood

pdsniper

Funny you posted this because I was going to post this picture of my Buddies two Tens one is a Smith&Wesson the other is a Bren ten, I know the Bren is very valuable and best I can remember him telling me the smith in 10 mm is as well 2 tens x.jpg

bullgator

Funny you posted this because I was going to post this picture of my Buddies two Tens one is a Smith&Wesson the other is a Bren ten, I know the Bren is very valuable and best I can remember him telling me the smith in 10 mm is as well View attachment 961494
Both valuable! That Bren is a true collectors piece.

rosewood

The big question, does he have a magazine for the Bren?

Dub

View attachment 960830

Howdy, man....just checking in to see how that Valor is working out for you.

How do you like the sights on it ?

They look as if the eye would pick them up really quick. DW really laid that gun out perfectly, in my opinion.

bullgator

The Valor is a great gun, pure DW.

The Ruger kicks like a mule. Something about the gripframe design. It’s certainly accurate when you can ignore the recoil.

Dub

The Valor is a great gun, pure DW.

The Ruger kicks like a mule. Something about the gripframe design. It’s certainly accurate when you can ignore the recoil.

I just found out that DW doesn’t have the Valor in their current catalog. Seems that aluminum frames or railed steel guns are what they are selling more of.

Has me puzzled as to me it’s a perfectly set up for what I want in a carry 1911.

I’m going to grab a Valor Commander in the Duty finish before they get too scarce and a custom order is the only way.

I wish I’d done so a long time ago.

As far as the wheelgun goes, I know what you are saying. I feel recoil different in my .44 Redhawk than I do in a buddies lighter .44 Blackhawk. The grip design of his single action seems to roll nicely in the hand where my Redhawk pushes back into the hand.