"A Roof over her head" very short term, Columbus, GA

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Well, this ought to get interesting, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

My daughter graduates from Georgia College this weekend, Valedictorian Athletic Trainer, scored a Graduate Assistant position at the Hughston Clinic in Columbus. Tough housing market there, (Ft. Benning), she has a 1-room apartment lined up with other grad students beginning August 11, but the job starts July 16...

How does dad, who can usually solve any problem, find a solution? Ding! Ding!, He reaches out to total strangers on the GON forum! Think about it, who would you want standing beside you during natural disasters, civil unrest, etc. why, the good ol' boys and girls right here in the forum! So I figure, folks good enough to help me defend life, liberty, and country, well this little challenge of finding a safe, reliable, housing solution ought to be a lead pipe cinch!::ke:

So, anybody near Columbus want to rent space to my kid for about 30 days this July? :D

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Awesome, thanks for the consideration.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Wish I could help, but no connections. Hope it works out.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
There are a good many extended stays around here... Not sure about prices. May want to try Craigslist as well.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Thanks all! Excellent suggestions. Nothing solid yet, very busy housing market down there. Appears to be a back-up plan in the works, a little couch surfing with a future fellow grad student, may do the trick for a couple weeks.

The camper idea almost hit a home run, found a safe spot, power/water only, but my primitive cargo conversion lacks full bath and tanks.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Thanks all! Excellent suggestions. Nothing solid yet, very busy housing market down there. Appears to be a back-up plan in the works, a little couch surfing with a future fellow grad student, may do the trick for a couple weeks.

The camper idea almost hit a home run, found a safe spot, power/water only, but my primitive cargo conversion lacks full bath and tanks.

Check out the state parks in the area as well as private campgrounds. Some may have showers,bathrooms.

atlashunter

What’s your budget? Have you looked at Airbnb?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Hughston clinic is on the north end of columbus so i would suggest looking at harris and troup county as possible options. Farther from benning and columbus so it might be easier to find something short term? if i can think of anywhere I'll let you know.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Hughston clinic is on the north end of columbus so i would suggest looking at harris and troup county as possible options. Farther from benning and columbus so it might be easier to find something short term? if i can think of anywhere I'll let you know.

You don't want anything south of Macon Rd.. That's like the ghetto mason Dixon line.. Hope this helps

atlashunter

ryanh487

Extended stay hotels are full of drug dealers, addicts, and hookers. If I had a daughter I would drive her down there myself every day for a month before I let her stay in one of those cess pools.

Artfuldodger

If there are a lot of Med students in the area, a local college or hospital where they train may help. Maybe even the clinic where your daughter works. Some type of bulletin board or network of students.
My daughter rents a room out to students in Augusta. We have a lot of med students here from out of town. Many come here for just 3-6 months. The problem is your daughter only needs a place for one month. Someone like my daughter would probably rent to someone for only a month if she didn't have a renter.

I think she just list on Craig's list.