Acorn crop in NE Georgia

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
In the Athens area a local arborist / rabid deer hunter told me the other day the mast crop if the largest he has ever seen. I have seen lots of acorns in Madison County and the sawtooth crop is impressive this year.

My son was scouting in Cohutta yesterday and advised that white oak acorns are dropping.

What mast crop are you seeing in your area?

deermaster13

Seen white oaks loaded around the house but the ones i seen Saturday hadn't started dropping yet. Wilkes county.

Cletus T.

Starting to drop in Gwinnett Co. too

They are still eating the yellow magic - but not as much, which tells me the acorns are dropping in the woods

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
We got squat in West GA. The last 3 years have been bumper crops so this is the off year. Looking forward to the muscadines and persimmons playing out. That'll bring 'em to the foodplots. I got their trails staked out.:rockon:

buckshed

Water oaks and some post oaks dropping Chestnut and white oaks seem to be holding on, although a few green ones have fallen

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I ain’t seen squat in my neck of Cherokee and Bartow….

Long Cut

Heavy Water Oak crop but the White Oaks have been light for Pike, Meriwether & Heard from what I’ve seen.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Nada in Cherokee for me. A few here and there, but “most” of the tree don’t have any and they sure aren’t dropping…….I was hanging from a tether a few hours ago thinking there NO acorns falling