After the dust settled

Madsnooker

247 ranked each position group and Bama and OSU lead the pac. The pups with a great class as well.

• QB: USC
  • RB: Ohio State
  • Receiver: Alabama with Ohio State right behind
  • O-Line: Bama
  • D-Line: A&M with Ohio State runner-up with JT still pending
  • Edge: Bama
  • Linebacker: Georgia
  • DB: Bama/OSU.
If OSU lands the #1 DT in the country JTT which they lead for (he didn't sign yesterday) they would have the best Dline group as well.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...e-Georgia-Texas-AM-USC-160365539/#160365539_1

BamaGeorgialine

247 ranked each position group and Bama and OSU lead the pac. The pups with a great class as well.

• QB: USC
  • RB: Ohio State
  • Receiver: Alabama with Ohio State right behind
  • O-Line: Bama
  • D-Line: A&M with Ohio State runner-up with JT still pending
  • Edge: Bama
  • Linebacker: Georgia
  • DB: Bama/OSU.
If OSU lands the #1 DT in the country JTT which they lead for (he didn't sign yesterday) they would have the best Dline group as well.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...e-Georgia-Texas-AM-USC-160365539/#160365539_1
Sounds good. I read where Bama signed the number one class of all time, beating 2010 Florida's class and second place wasn't even close. Guess it depends on what site you read. I like to revisit this year's class in three years and see what coach turns a three star into a first round draft pick. To me that's recruiting. What coach sees the diamond in the rough. It's also pretty cool to see Saban turn a five star into a seven star and turn a one star coach into a three star coach before he packs his bags for greener pastures

DannyW

Just when you think the Alabama program couldn't get any stronger, they go out and sign 10 of the top 50 HS players, and 16 of the top 100 (according to the 247sports rankings).

Nick Saban is my mortal enemy in the SEC but you have to admire what he has accomplished, and is still accomplishing, at Alabama.

Just wish ne would go away to his place at Lake Burton...and stay there.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Until Nic retires, the road to the Natty runs through Tuscaloosa.

Madsnooker

Just when you think the Alabama program couldn't get any stronger, they go out and sign 10 of the top 50 HS players, and 16 of the top 100 (according to the 247sports rankings).

Nick Saban is my mortal enemy in the SEC but you have to admire what he has accomplished, and is still accomplishing, at Alabama.

Just wish ne would go away to his place at Lake Burton...and stay there.

Saban definitely a machine.
With that said What Day is doing is almost as good. OSU had to get another kicker this year which is rated very low and for some reason 247 counts kickers in the composite. Without him counting against the score OSU would be right at 95average same as Bama all time class. OSU, if the land JTT, will have 7 of topn50 and 14 of top 100. Thats insane as well.

Then look at next year's class, OSU is already way over 200pts with a bunch of 4 and 5 stars. The pups are off to a great start next year as well.

Last edited:

TinKnocker

With all the players who declared for the draft and transfer portal losses, I am surprised GA only had room for 20 signees.

Madsnooker

No kidding. The bucks signed a stellar class but Saban raised the bar. Again

One thing I think people don't realize though, and I'm not sure if it's the recruiting rules being different in the BIG then they are in the SEC, is Bama has averaged recruiting 20 more players then OSU over the last 4 years. Thats a complete extra class every 4 years. :hair: Imagine every 4 years Day heard a knock on his door and when he opens it, there's 20 4* and 5* players standing there. He's says, can I help you? And they say, reporting for duty coach, put us whoever you need us.lol would OSU be better then they already are? Heck yea!!!!

Not knocking Bama, I just don't understand why OSU cant recruit the same numbers. Again, this year Bama will sign 27 and OSU 21 or 22 if JTT picks them in April when he is supposed to sign. Day was asked today that question and he said they really couldn't accept any more numbers especially waiting on JTT. Anyone knows if Day could sign 27 he sure as well would have. And if he could have this years class would have been an alltime great one like Bama. Even though, it's the second best class per average since 247 started and OSU has 3 of the 4 best classes by average as well.

Last edited:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
With all the players who declared for the draft and transfer portal losses, I am surprised GA only had room for 20 signees.
How did saban sign 27. I can only imagine they have even more guys leaving after 3 years than tUGA or tOSU. No doubt Georgia turns out some guys that get drafted,probably as many as the bucks. Or at least close to as many

BamaGeorgialine

I'm not sure exactly how many players Bama signed this class. I know that 11 of the top 60 players in the country did. 4 of the top 10 recievers. I'm more excited about the offensive line guys coming in. The recievers Bama had this year were really good but, let's be honest, Mac Jones probably didn't have to wash his jersey last year. He never got touched. Or maybe he learned from watching Tua run around in circles only to get crushed and knew he would be better off throwing it away every now and then

Madsnooker

I'm not sure exactly how many players Bama signed this class. I know that 11 of the top 60 players in the country did. 4 of the top 10 recievers. I'm more excited about the offensive line guys coming in. The recievers Bama had this year were really good but, let's be honest, Mac Jones probably didn't have to wash his jersey last year. He never got touched. Or maybe he learned from watching Tua run around in circles only to get crushed and knew he would be better off throwing it away every now and then
Since you brought up Tua, who would have ever thought after he won the NC his first year and looked unstoppable that just a couple years later a 3* guy named Mac would take it to another level. Not one soul would have ever believed it. Lol I think Mac has a good future in the NFL.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Congrats, Snook! Y'all loaded up as well. Pretty soon, Dawgs and OSU gonna play each other for the natty!

Dudley Do-Wrong

Since you brought up Tua, who would have ever thought after he won the NC his first year and looked unstoppable that just a couple years later a 3* guy named Mac would take it to another level. Not one soul would have ever believed it. Lol I think Mac has a good future in the NFL.
It's called "development".

nickel back

Stars don't matter ask Mac Jones

Just goes to show stars are not all that....

Madsnooker

It's called "development".
So we can expect every 3* qb that goes to Bama when they get their opportunity to do what Mac did? I think you missed my point.
All world 5* Tua, that won a NC his first year, couldn't get it done the next 2 and then 3* mac that no one outside of Bama fans even knew steps in his first year starting and played better then Tua ever did. No one saw that coming was my point.

Dudley Do-Wrong

3* Mark Ingram won the heisman,,,, plsyer development

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member