Big7

The Oracle
What makes you say 2.5 to 3 ?

Just curious.

buckpasser

Looks 3rd rack in a tough environment or with a tough personal situation to me.

Stumpsitter

He looks like an older small bodied deer, but his ears aren't all ripped from fighting thru the years. Looks old around the eyes. He's a tough one to judge. Just my $.02

Big7

The Oracle
Nice Buck.

Long boring story but the short version is my connection in my bedroom TV quit getting TV so I been watching a lot of YouTube at bedtime and a lot of good folks on there with good info.

One guy did over an hour on aging really old Deer. 7.5 and up. He had some over 12 by the jaw bone and was talking about other methods.

If it pops up tonight, I will write down the channel and post it. He talked about Georgia a few times and had pics but I don't know if he's from Ga or not. Might have said and I didn't catch it.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Is this a heard county buck? I don’t believe it can be a 2 1/2 year old because of main beam length. A 3 1/2 year old from some good ground would be my guess. If that were a mountain deer I’d figure it to be 4-5 years old

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
2.5. He's a youngster with potential.

2.5. He's a youngster with potential.
This right here . That buck is young he doesn’t have the staining on the forehead of an older deer.. if he is in an environment where he can live for 2 or 3 more years. He will be a giant

Kev

Honestly, my gut tells me he’s a 3 year old recovering from an injury. I have a gimped up buck behind my house and he looks similar to the one above.IMG_2315.jpeg

buckpasser

An older deer has a kind of skin colored ring around the eye a lot of times. That’s one giveaway I’ve noticed. They are usually 6 plus to get that.

@Gadestroyer74, I want to hear more about the head staining. I’m not familiar.

Kev

An older deer has a kind of skin colored ring around the eye a lot of times. That’s one giveaway I’ve noticed. They are usually 6 plus to get that.

@Gadestroyer74, I want to hear more about the head staining. I’m not familiar.
I agree. I don’t think the deer this thread is about is extremely young.