Aggravating Pop Up...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I used to get those but they eventually stopped...
They were a pain because you just can't back out of it and go back to your page.
I had to do something more like close chrome or close my web page and come back fresh.
Hadn't seen it in quite a while though.
I do have plenty of security and virus protection on my device now though...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I really believe it's getting in here at GON.

Only place I see it...
I haven't had any issues like that either on my phone or desktops. Could be that Google browser, too. I use Safari on my phone and Firefox on my computers.

specialk

Make sure your phone and browser are updated with current security patches....

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Get away from Google and MS backed browsers, Use FireFox, Brave, or another of your choosing.
Insure that you have an ad bloker running AdBlock is good Ublock is good.
Cycle your phone off and back on at least once a week so that patches can be applied to your OS and resources that might be tied up can be released.
This has done the trick for me for years.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Me too! Crazy cause it happened on my phone too! Just on GON. I made DuckDuckGo my default browser we’ll see if that helps

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Me too! Crazy cause it happened on my phone too! Just on GON. I made DuckDuckGo my default browser we’ll see if that helps
YASSS! It helped! Hasn’t happened since I started going through DuckDuckGo!

pjciii

Google stated a couple of days ago that ad blockers violate their TOU's and since ads are a revenue stream they will be going after users that don't remove or disable them will be blocked.

I guess kinda like Netflix and shared passwords. Firefox is now owned by google/meta. Only a matter of time.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I have none in FireFox either. My response was to the post above from @pjciii. Google does not own FireFox.

There is a contract between the tow whereby FireFox agrees to make Google the default search engine on FireFox. The default should be changed to DuckDuckGo or another more friendly and secure search as soon as FireFox is loaded. LOL

Latest posts