Aggravating Pop Up...

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Google stated a couple of days ago that ad blockers violate their TOU's and since ads are a revenue stream they will be going after users that don't remove or disable them will be blocked.

I guess kinda like Netflix and shared passwords. Firefox is now owned by google/meta. Only a matter of time.

I don't use Google so I don't care.

Big7

The Oracle
I had that same problem for a LONG time along with a couple of other pop- ups.

I open GON with the Brave Browser now and that DEFINITELY solved the problem.

pjciii

I have none in FireFox either. My response was to the post above from @pjciii. Google does not own FireFox.

There is a contract between the tow whereby FireFox agrees to make Google the default search engine on FireFox. The default should be changed to DuckDuckGo or another more friendly and secure search as soon as FireFox is loaded. LOL

I already use DuckDuckGo. Have for many years. You are correct.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I appreciate this thread. Had been driving me crazy. I couldn't access a web page here without it redirecting to that. Hope DuckDuck Go works.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
DuckDuck Go didn’t fix it for me%#*!#%**#!!! Odd that it only happens with GON

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Update!

I downloaded Duck Duck Go, and signed into GON on it.

NO more pop ups of any kind, and that google thing is history.

Might migrate everything to DDG, before it's over.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
DDG is good as is FireFox but with FireFox you have to add stuff to get the security right. DDG has it right out of the box.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
DuckDuck Go didn’t fix it for me%#*!#%**#!!! Odd that it only happens with GON

Try uninstalling it and then reinstall it. Check your security settings inside DDG. I switched to it and ads are all gone.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member