Alapaha river

Gonna dona trip August first wknd for redbreast and was considering the Alapaha River near Alapaha. Was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on the water levels by the gauge at Alapaha on NOAA. Should I take a kayak or would a 14ft boat be fine? Any help is appreciated.

Rhodes

I have fished the Alapaha river since 1994. This morning the reading at Alapaha Ga (hwy 82 bridge) is at 1.39' which is extremely low. At this level the river is not navigable but by maybe a kayak and expect to tote it in numerous places. I have always fished it out of a two-man 10' Bass Hunter plastic boat. The river is pretty navigable at hwy 82 and south until it falls below about 2'. I have never even attempted to fish it in a 14' jon boat except maybe in the spring when the water level was around 4' or better but that is usually too high for great fishing. Hope this helps.

I have fished the Alapaha river since 1994. This morning the reading at Alapaha Ga (hwy 82 bridge) is at 1.39' which is extremely low. At this level the river is not navigable but by maybe a kayak and expect to tote it in numerous places. I have always fished it out of a two-man 10' Bass Hunter plastic boat. The river is pretty navigable at hwy 82 and south until it falls below about 2'. I have never even attempted to fish it in a 14' jon boat except maybe in the spring when the water level was around 4' or better but that is usually too high for great fishing. Hope this helps.
So in a kayak we would be able to fish but gonna be dragging it in other words? Do you reckon it is fished out? Some smaller rivers I fish get fished out quick, just don’t wanna make a trip and drag kayaks all day for nothin.

GA BASS ODYSSEY

So in a kayak we would be able to fish but gonna be dragging it in other words? Do you reckon it is fished out? Some smaller rivers I fish get fished out quick, just don’t wanna make a trip and drag kayaks all day for nothin.
I fished the Alapaha a lot. I never seen it fished out. haven't had a chance to fish it this year. Maybe in the fall. The Alapaha was walking distance from my backyard when I was growing up. Family still owns the property.