Allatoona Striper fishing

t k

Is anyone trolling u-rigs for striper now with any luck? The kids want to go fishing tomorrow and thought it may be the best way to spend a few hours on the water if it’s not too windy. Thanks

t k

I am not sure if it is just because of deer season or what, but the forum does seem much slower than years past. It probably is a good idea to stop by striper soup to pick up some shad and hopefully some good advice. Thanks for the responses so far.

castandblast

Call or visit Striper Soup and they will give you the scoop on what the lake is doing and what baits are working.

You must spend a lot money there for those guys to give you any reliable info. To the OP, I haven't been on the lake in 2-3 weeks, I caught a few on u-rigs, but the best bite was on live bait. Did catch a lot of a lot of spots on top water.

scottpriest

I haven't striper fished in a month or so. But you can usually find pretty good reports around. Robert from First Bite puts up a weekly report. Last time I did fish live bait on down lines was the hottest bite. good luck!