Allison Krauss and Union Station

the HEED!

Banned
Is that not some of the finest music you've ever heard? Its put together so well and played so smooth. I believe that if I was to hear an angel singing it would sound like Allison Krauss for sure. I just made me up a mix cd of her music and I could listen to it all day, man thats good music! What ya'll think? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
They are certainly on my list of favorites. :clap:

Dean

yep

he voice is what I imagine an angel sounds like when they sing......saw her during the Down From The Mountain Tour... awesome.

We have tickets for the Georgia concert in January too. :clap:

Mrs. Arrow3

Love them! I have her double live CD and I can listen to it from start to finish without skipping a single track. I also love anytime they have a special to come on CMT. They had a new one that was just on this past week that followed them on tour in Europe, in Ireland and Germany and London. I can't remember what the show was called, but it was hilarious because it showed all their backstage stuff. Alison is so funny, as is the rest of the band!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
They are the top 'o the heap in my book. I could listen to them all day long.

parkerman

I am a huge AKUS fan. Definitely check out the double live CD....it is absolutely awesome.

H

HT2

P S E........

Yeah, I really like their music.........

Allison has a voice that you just don't ever get tired of listening to.........

Very Nice!!!!!! :clap:

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
I love their music but poor ole Allison is a little ?????? low on self asteem ?? I saw an interview where she said that on her videos no woman can have a bigger ????? chest than she has :huh:

Woody52

She's awesome! If you like her, try listening to 3rd Tyme Out. They are pretty big in the bluegrass scene. I know Russell Moore, one of the lead guys, and he's a local from Cumming.

duke13

Woody52 said:
She's awesome! If you like her, try listening to 3rd Tyme Out. They are pretty big in the bluegrass scene. I know Russell Moore, one of the lead guys, and he's a local from Cumming.

Russell is originally from N.C I think, but lives in Cummings now, don't forget ol Rockin Ray Deaton from Suwannee! Ex- Everitt Brothers mando player!

AKUS!!! :cool: :cool: Jerry douglas is THE MAN!!!

duke13

Arrow3's Girl said:
They had a new one that was just on this past week that followed them on tour in Europe, in Ireland and Germany and London. I can't remember what the show was called, but it was hilarious because it showed all their backstage stuff. Alison is so funny, as is the rest of the band!

I saw that. It was cool! i liked when the power was out at the one show and jerry douglas(dobro player extraordinaire) says....Well let's go drink! :bounce:

I was fortunate enough to meet allison once here in Atlanta. She is a cute little thing, a great singer and fantastic fiddle player :cool: :cool: Fiddle is what it's ALL about!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Allison Krauss has the most beautiful voice I ever heard. I like Ralph Stanley better though.

Mrs. Arrow3

Woody52 said:

We have a Music Hall in my hometown of Oakboro, NC and Third Tyme Out came and performed there not long after it opened. They got such a great response that now they come at least twice every year and perform, and it's always sold out. My mother's salon is right next door to the hall, so all the performers use her shop to take breaks in and change clothes, etc. so she's met all the members of the band, got their autographs, and she loves them!

Alison and the boys have re-introduced me to bluegrass after a long absence. Her voice is incredible and she picks good songs to sing. I like Dan Tyminski's stuff, too. When I really like a musician or actor I try NOT to find out too much about their personal life lest I become disenchanted with them. Consequently I know very little about Alison except that she has been singing since childhood. I now have Sirius satellite radio and listen to their bluegrass channel a lot.

SmokyMtnSmoke

Last edited:

Handgunner

Dean said:
he voice is what I imagine an angel sounds like when they sing......saw her during the Down From The Mountain Tour... awesome.

We have tickets for the Georgia concert in January too. :clap:
I've thought of her voice the same way, "Angelic".

Been a fan of theirs for years!

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
SmokyMtnSmoke said:
Another great group is Mountian Heart, banjo player is from Elijay Ga.
http://mountainheart.com/

Some of them used to be with Doyle Lawson and QuickSilver another good group.