Another Killer Elite blind frame

Core Lokt

I built this for a friend this weekend. 1 hour on Saturday and 1 hour yesterday and it is done minus pipe insulation, some tape and the netting. The matterial was $80. I know James said to use the bigger unistrut and I told my buddy to get it but he decided on the smaller stuff. I'm going to cut off the unistrut on all four ends so it is only about 1/4" over hang from the boat.

Thanks for posting the pics and the original thread James, this was really easy to build.

We built it so there are 3 diferent heights you can adjust to. Below is opened up all the way.

steelshotslayer

Killer needs to patent this design before Avery takes it.

Not even close

It's already on the market. Northern flight
The elite blind came about over many years and allot of trys at improvement. The killer Elite blind is much stronger and can be made to fit just about any size boat. I have built the killer elite blind on 20 foot crab boats and 10 foot pond boats. You can build the killer elite blind out of 1 inch EMT or 3/4 or even 1/2 Emt if you want. The killer Elite can be built for about a hundred dollars which is for the conduit and the unistrut. The killer elite blind is stronger will last for ever. If it breaks you can get the parts to fix it at anywhere you can buy Emt conduit and electrical supplies. All it cost you is that you promise that you pass the idea on to some one else. You can not get that in a northen flight blind and you sure can not beat the cost.

Last edited:
Just a few pics

Attachments

• null_zps8ef24286.jpg
    null_zps8ef24286.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,760
  • null_zps877295bd.jpg
    null_zps877295bd.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,533

arkie1

The kind that owns one. The way these are made they cover the whole boat to the waterline. Your boat could be pink and it would not matter.

UpSouth811

Not knocking anything just saying same concept. I've built one almost identical except I used 1 in aluminum square tubing. Worked like a champ

Here we have

What kinda idiot hunts outa white boat?!?
A tug boat Capt. Thatbrings big ocean going container ships into the port of Savannah and He is afraid of his wife. His wife told him if he painted that boat he would have to move to that tug boat. I have tried to get him to paint it. He told me the divers did not care.:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::rofl::cool::cool::rofl::rofl::crazy:

Did not take it that way

Not knocking anything just saying same concept. I've built one almost identical except I used 1 in aluminum square tubing. Worked like a champ
Just pointing out the the pros of the Kille Elite blind. The reason I do not use aluminum conduit is because you have to cut and thread it and it will bend in the wind. The goal of this blind is that you can build one with a hack saw, Channel locks, adjustable wrench, Drill and bits. If you have to buy the bender because you dont have one. The blind cost goes up to about a 130.00 bucks. If you have a bender or you can borrow one the price goes down to about 60 to 80 dollars and a couple of hours work. Now I dont make a dime off of these blinds. All I ask is that you help another Duck hunter with the idea.

How big is your boat 20 footer

The kind that owns one. The way these are made they cover the whole boat to the waterline. Your boat could be pink and it would not matter.
i know it works on your big boat.

You did ok

Guess I should have started a thread about white boats and what blind is better than the other...
The blind you built is great and looks great. Post some pics with the camo on it Tommy.

wray912

You would fall out if you seen what some folks hunt sea ducks out of!!!

a friend hunts em out of a 17' center console bay boat and grey spray painted parachute...from what i can tell sea ducks cant be the brightest of the bunch

creekrocket

I was just giving killer a hard time... That's my skiff in the pic he posted, and he's been trying to get me to paint it for a whole now.. :)

Barroll

I like the design but I still don't see how having it hanging off the side of the boat is a good idea. I would rip that off in 2 seconds on the first tree or dock I brushed up against.

Core Lokt

Nothing is overhanging now. When I took the pics the unistrut was but it is cut flush with the side of the boat. At first I thought it would have to overhand about 1/4" due to the bolt heads but it worked out where it isn't.

It does not have to hang outside of the boat.

I like the design but I still don't see how having it hanging off the side of the boat is a good idea. I would rip that off in 2 seconds on the first tree or dock I brushed up against.
Each blind is different and can be adjusted to fit your boat and your needs. The blind does not need to protrude past your gunwales when its down and the cross bars can be made to fit inside the boat and not extend past the gunwales. That is the great thing about the blind it can be very simple or modified to be what you want. It all up to you what you want. I have no problem with anybody improving or changing the blind to fit your needs. Just pass it on to help some other duck hunter.