Another Nor'easter Headed Our Way

Redbow

This will be our third one when it arrives tonight. First one was the second week of December then the next week after that came another one. Local weather man says winds gusting up to 60 mph tonight with a chance of tornadoes with this storm. At least we are going to get some more good rain we still need it. Come next friday another chance for good rain, bring it on.

Mars

Hurry! Go buy all the milk and bread you can afford!

"They" are saying we will have some rough stuff roll through middle Ga tonight. I'm praying everyone is left unharmed and with minimal property damage.

Redbow

Ha, ha, all the bread and milk or most of it is gone already, time for the stores to re-stock. We could have some power outages here beach erosion will occur for sure. On the Outer Banks earth moving machinery will be busy for a few days clearing highway 12..

Y'all stay safe in Georgia.

oldfella1962

Ha, ha, all the bread and milk or most of it is gone already, time for the stores to re-stock. We could have some power outages here beach erosion will occur for sure. On the Outer Banks earth moving machinery will be busy for a few days clearing highway 12..

Y'all stay safe in Georgia.
Today my neighborhood Walmart had plenty of milk, but the only chocolate milk was in 1/2 gallon or bigger quantities. We can't drink it that fast, so I need quart size. Now I wonder what - if any weather-related thing - was the reason for this. :unsure:

Redbow

Noe easter coming from the southwest?
During the winter most folks raised in coastal areas call a bad storm a Nor'easter they always have. Wind direction will vary as the storm passes. The wind does not have to come from the northeast to be called a Nor'easter.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It's gonna be a southeaster here, the worst direction. My county forecast is for 3"-4" of rain, 70 mph wind gusts, and ice at the beginning with snow at the end tomorrow night from the wraparound.

Redbow

A stiff northeast wind already here this morning with the worst yet to come later today. Batten down the hatches mate and raise the storm jib gonna be a rough ride for the next 24 hours or so.

Redbow

And another Nor'easter scheduled for us come Friday. Last nite was pretty rough here wind blew up to 60 MPH, around Wilmington NC gusts up to Hurricane force.

GeorgiaBob

All Y'all folks up in the hills and over near the big city think you have it tuff. Ima' tellin' ya it was terrible here in St Marys yesterday. The wind was blowing so hard the lids kept flippin' off the trash cans. And the temperature dipped way down into the low 60s. Dat wind chill was bitter. An we near drowned. We got the most rain we seen all year! It left puddles near 'bout everywhere.

Don't get me started on what's coming. We're expecting the temps to drop below 40 at some time tonight.. It's scary, 'ats what it is. Imagine stepping out in the dark to water the plants and being exposed to that kinda' frosty breeze? I think I'm gonna use the indoor facilities tonite! Yessir, cooold. Pray for us.
:biggrin2: