Another sad case

gemcgrew

You and every believer in your god that frequent this forum claim that the The God is All powerful, all knowing, sees everything, hears everything, AND most importantly not only steps in to change outcomes but has done it for you and others in here.
I want to know why he didn't do it for those children (and for the millions of instances daily worldwide that your god is an absolute No-Show) that were involved in situations that were favorable to being closer to a god.
The Bible tells us that God causes evil for the purpose of his glory. It Pleased God to crush his Son and cause him to suffer.

I don't place the welfare of children above my reverence of God.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The Bible tells us that God causes evil for the purpose of his glory. It Pleased God to crush his Son and cause him to suffer.

I don't place the welfare of children above my reverence of God.
Another example of god being more like the individual believer rather than them being like their god.

Israel

BANNED
FF certainly knows what to expect and that is why he has absolutely no fear of penalty later. He hides from man because he knows his job is a farce.

I don't know if FF is an actual or a convenience.

Either way, if actual conspirator or just used as type, it would be wrong of me to imply he is any farther from finding mercy than I am or have been. What he was able to conceive to his satisfaction or pleasure overtook him, to himself a good thing, and there showed its advantage. It has now come out as judge-able.

Jesus said of those on whom the tower at Siloam fell that if some imagined they were sinners above all the rest, they would meet a similar end unless they repent.

(It's easy to judge others, and maybe the expression that describes such ease as "falling off a log" is more appropriate here than anywhere. Jesus also spoke of beams [logs] and motes.)

This virtue signaling of being in high dudgeon over the behavior of others are our own little towers we erect to shine like beacons seeking to separate ourselves, in whatever manner we find such distinction convenient to us. The parading of a finer sense of right and wrong, a more illuminated palate, a better informed conscience or educated sensibility is nothing new. I think all men are well practiced in it. We seek a paling of our own faults, weaknesses, and frailties by the exposing of those so easily seen in others.

Their manifest lack of "rightness" (if we can keep the kettle stirred) seems to take a bit of sting out of our own and acts as further cover for our own failings. So gossip flourishes.

I did say, in joining in that FF (be he real or imagined) was told what to expect from seeking to hide himself. Thinking there is a darkness behind doors sufficient to keep out all light of knowing. Where even darkness might frustrate the Lord's eye of light.
But of course, this is not so, everything done in secret will be made known, everything believed to be done under cover of darkness...exposed.

There is "nothing hidden"...despite attempt.

It can serve to sober a man.

I ain't drunk, I just been drinkin'

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Isaiah 46:9
"Remember the former things long past, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me,
Foghorn Leghorn has quotes too

welderguy

Proverbs 26:4-5
4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Proverbs 26:4-5
4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
1) And when it is said to them: Believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the fools believe? Now surely they themselves are the fools, but they do not know.

(سورة البقرة, Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #13)

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
All bow to Foghorn the Leghorn..
It is as if FogHorn was talking to Welder directly. Almost like Mel Blanc knew then, that we would use his work now for a greater purpose. The Omniscient Mel Blanc.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Yes. God is over the robots as well.

Like I said, even bad examples serve God's purpose.
Sure he is over the robots as well. Programmed to do as the programmer wishes. We are all going through the preset motions.
How can it be bad if your god directed it? Is his will not good? It seems your flawed thinking is supposed to be per another of his bad directives.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Silly. He decreed it to be bad.
Show me where and when he decreed it please.

His will is perfect. That is how you know that it is good for God to decree bad things to happen.
If his will was perfect I would agree with you that I and everyone on the planet would know. But in fact that is not the case by an overwhelming majority.

You can't show my thinking as flawed and the Bible tells you why.
I, like many, do not believe what is contained in the bible is true or has any authority anywhere. The courts in this very country do not take what is contained in the bible as truthful or law. Using the Bible, your thinking may not be flawed, but that can be said of any and every religious book and follower that uses it. But in the real world where facts matter, your thinking is as flawed as your claims.

gemcgrew

Show me where and when he decreed it please.
"The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:" Isaiah 14:24
If his will was perfect I would agree with you that I and everyone on the planet would know. But in fact that is not the case by an overwhelming majority.
You continue to affirm that what the Bible says is true. That God by His wisdom... saw to it that man, by his wisdom... would not know Him.
I, like many, do not believe what is contained in the bible is true or has any authority anywhere. The courts in this very country do not take what is contained in the bible as truthful or law. Using the Bible, your thinking may not be flawed, but that can be said of any and every religious book and follower that uses it. But in the real world where facts matter, your thinking is as flawed as your claims.
In your world, facts are determined by the "courts in this very country"? You mean humans? You look to humans for truth, for facts?

Cool

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
"The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:" Isaiah 14:24
Bible, product of man. Your God cannot even write.

You continue to affirm that what the Bible says is true. That God by His wisdom... saw to it that man, by his wisdom... would not know Him.
Kind of convenient that a god who is supposedly everywhere and is involved in humans lives is unknowable. People claim that about invisible friends a lot

In your world, facts are determined by the "courts in this very country"? You mean humans? You look to humans for truth, for facts?[/quote]
I'll bet my gun collection that you live your daily life following the rules set by man, no different than me. You will stop at Stop signs, you will pay your taxes, you will follow the laws. And you do, because "God said I can do, see its right here in this book, doesn't mean squat.

not only Cool, but good for your health

Last edited: