Any 7.3 Powerstroke guys out there?

HuntinJake_23

I have a 97 F350 7.3 powerstroke with 157,xxx miles. It is all stock except an S&B Intake and a 3” down pipe to 4” straight pipe exhaust. I have been lookin at adding a chip and was wonderland if anyone is running a chip on theirs, if so what do you have and how do you like it. I’ve looked at the ts 6 position chip and the Edge Insight CTS2 and Revolver Chip. I do not have gauges yet, but like how the edge has everything integrated. The TS is simple and easy it seems.

Attachments

• 6CE2BC3A-4E9F-47AB-BAED-E60FC849D628.jpeg
    6CE2BC3A-4E9F-47AB-BAED-E60FC849D628.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 11

Dbender

What are you trying to achieve with the chip? That motor as designed is bulletproof. Proper maintenance and no tinkering will get you 300+ with virtually zero headaches.

HuntinJake_23

What are you trying to achieve with the chip? That motor as designed is bulletproof. Proper maintenance and no tinkering will get you 300+ with virtually zero headaches.

A little more horse power and better shift points in the trans. Wouldn’t mind a little better fuel economy too. Everything I’m reading says running the 50 or 100 hp setting will increase fuel economy

hdgapeach

Your transmission automatic or stick? Be careful if it's a stock automatic. You'll burn that one up quick tinkerin' with the engine power. Stick, you oughta be OK (depending on clutch condition).