Any good place to bank fish near Cherokee County?

JonathanG2013

I live in Cherokee County, GA. My son likes to fish. We go to Little River quite often. We usually go upstream and fish the rapids and rocks near the rock wall the crosses the river. Any other place to bank fish besides there and Hickory Log Creek Reservoir and Veterans Park on hwy 20? My son got a new rod and wanted to test it out. I also got a new Daiwa BG 3000.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I live in Cherokee County, GA. My son likes to fish. We go to Little River quite often. We usually go upstream and fish the rapids and rocks near the rock wall the crosses the river. Any other place to bank fish besides there and Hickory Log Creek Reservoir and Veterans Park on hwy 20? My son got a new rod and wanted to test it out. I also got a new Daiwa BG 3000.
Come across the county line into Bartow on Hwy 20. The Corp has a couple parks off Hwy 20.

I saw there’s a company renting kayaks and running shuttles on the Etowah now. They offer a 3 hour float and a 5 hour float.

JonathanG2013

@JonathanG2013 you have the amazing Etowah and there are many places to bank fish, from the lake dam down.

Lake Acworth is just outside Cherokee County but offers bank fishing.

There are a number of parks offering bank fishing such as Hyde Farm Park in Cobb County. Lots of channel cats in that pond usually hitting might be fun for your son.

Thanks Bass Happy. I will check them out.