Anybody Remember These????

turkeykirk

I hunted a lot of GA Kraft land back in the day with a free permit. Shining times!

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Union Bag, St Regis, Great Southern, Georgia Kraft, Weyerhaeuser, and another one or two I can`t remember.

campboy

Georgia Kraft definitely. Rome is my hometown and I grew up in Coosa where the paper mill is located

buckmanmike

We leased timber rights to Plum Creek, now Weyerhauser. Before that, GA. Pacific, before them Great Northern Yakoosa. All under the same original lease. I'll be 86 when lease is over. Just 17 years to go to FREEDOM!!! If I live that long.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Union Bag, St Regis, Great Southern, Georgia Kraft, Weyerhaeuser, and another one or two I can`t remember.
I'm familiar with Union Bag and Weyerhaeuser, but not the others you mentioned. GP, Plum Creek, Rayonier, and International Paper are the others I'm familiar with in my neck of the woods. Rayonier used to have a bunch of land around here.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
GP used to be a large landowner in my county.

Jim Boyd

Nope.

Did not take me long to move to private ground.

Started about 45 years ago and moved away from public (for the most part) 40 years ago.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I useta hunt a bunch a Bowater land up and down west ga from rome down to waverly hall.
Free permit for a long time, the 10 or 15 bucks, the all went to leases.
I reckon they got bought up decades ago...

transfixer

I remember Georgia Kraft, we started hunting Champion International land in 78 , leasing it for 85cents an acre, before that I think it was Columbia woodland, open land, we hunted it for a year , maybe two before Champion bought it, Champion sold it to International paper co, and then it got sold to an Agri-business group , now belongs to an individual who owns a lot of land in NE Ga, Glades woodlands farms,