Anyone gonna need some cedar?

gadeerwoman

In 12-18 months I'm going to be taking down a nice cedar tree that's too close to my electrical lines. If anyone thinks they may be wanting some cedar for crafts, let me know and when I get it cut, I'll save some of the cedar logs for you.

Mac

I would like to have some logs. Where are you located?

Rick Alexander

Me too if Mac

doesn't need it all. Guess it also depends on the location though. I just got a new bandsaw a couple of months ago and my dad and I are having a ball with it. (pic of dad)

194786760.jpg

gadeerwoman

I'll keep you guys posted. When the tree comes down, we'll make plans to hook up and deliver some logs. I plan on having them cut into sections about 3-4 foot in length so I can handle them easily so there won't be any long ones but they can be great for some craft pieces.

boneboy96

sign me up also...I'd love to have a chunk or 2...thanks BB96

gadeerwoman

Ok folks, I have 1 cedar tree down. They left me about 6-7 short logs (@18" long) that are about 10-12" in diameter. Would be good for turkey call making but too small for furniture stuff. It's in Greene County or I can deliver some to the Atlanta downtown area if we can hook up. PM me if interested and let me know how many of the logs and how we can meet up. I'll start with the first pms. And if you make any pot turkey calls with it I'd love to buy one from you.

Dudley Do-Wrong

Sandra, if the heartwood is large enough, it would do great for turkey calls

SnowHunter

I'd love some. I am lookin for some to build a shotgun stock out of as well as some other wood workin stuff.
Thanks
Nicole