Anyone got a big salt lick picture?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Here’s a picture of a salt lick on one of our leases. It’s about 10ft x 8ft and is 2-3 ft deep. It’s full of rain water right now.
I started this lick in 1988 with a box of ice cream salt. We add more salt every year.

070D363E-4428-4B1B-B919-DC77AB6163A9.jpeg

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I found one on Allatoona WMA, but I’d never find the picture I took of it. I’d guess it’d have to be at least 10+ years old(probably 20+) cause it is massive! There was already a cell cam on it so I didn’t put a camera there…….I was tempted though! I have found a few others but nothing as big as that one. Some of the ones I’ve found were ez to find cause the joker left their cane jug close byfacepalm: idjuts!
Anywho, Y’all got some big ole holes going on!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Question on formation of these holes.

Do y’all think the dirt gets eaten or carried away on hooves and bodies?

Probably 95% of it gets eaten. They sure don't pile it up on the sides of the hole.:bounce:

Jim Boyd

Its not near as BIG as any of yall's....But I started this one on a huge "Fat-Lighter-Stump" 2 months ago and they've DEMOLISHED IT!!

The stump and salt is a great process.

Deernut3

I thought I found a natural salt lick some years back. When I told my buddies grandma (landowner) she informed me that was where the salt box for the smokehouse use to be before it burned down. Man they had that thing dug out as deep as a 4 wheeler.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Here’s a picture of a salt lick on one of our leases. It’s about 10ft x 8ft and is 2-3 ft deep. It’s full of rain water right now.
I started this lick in 1988 with a box of ice cream salt. We add more salt every year.

View attachment 1169494
That look JUST like our salt lick on well rd!!!
I'm gonna take a pic of ours and put it on here for you to see but it might be a week or so