Anyone live down around Magnolia Springs State Park?

Toliver

I'll be getting down there tomorrow and will be there a week. I doubt it'll take me a week to see the whole park so if you do and can recommend local things to do within 20 or 30 miles let me know. Any event where homemade stuff is sold like local fairs or farmers markets would be awesome if the timing works out that they're happening while we're there.

Toliver

Well, whether anyone knows about the area or not, it's going to be a nice week.

kmaxwell3

Never been there but it looks nice when I looked it up. We usually go to FDR State park.

oldfella1962

Well, whether anyone knows about the area or not, it's going to be a nice week.
I know about the area - I drive past Magnolia Springs a lot taking Route 25/67 down to Florida. But there's really not a lot to see in that part of Georgia. Statesboro is near there - Augusta is an hour or so north, but neither place has a lot of tourist/visitor/recreation areas.

Toliver

I tried to post this with the "good week" response but didn't have enough signal. Now I do. View from my camping spot.

20230316_171356.jpg

Toliver

I know about the area - I drive past Magnolia Springs a lot taking Route 25/67 down to Florida. But there's really not a lot to see in that part of Georgia. Statesboro is near there - Augusta is an hour or so north, but neither place has a lot of tourist/visitor/recreation areas.
Driving here did confirm I'll never talk my wife into moving to Burke County.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
THE HUGE ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE WILL BE IN SAVANNAH TOMORROW MORNING !!!

There is not much to see in that area of the park.

I will tell you this....BEWARE OF SEVERAL GATORS THAT ARE LOCATED IN THAT PARK AREA. Hopefully due to this colder weather, they might not be moving around too much. There are also not any types of restaurants close by either so you better have plenty of food, drinks etc for your family.

My Daughter and SIL live in Statesboro and my Daughter is an ace photographer of lots of different events etc throughout that entire area and she has taken various photos of sizable gators on that property. It is basically out in the middle of nowhere as far as cities are concerned. It was during somewhat warmer weather BUT I was amazed that some people got really too close of these critters as I saw the photos and cringed myself.

BY THE WAY, BE AWARE THAT THE SMALLER TOWN OF MILLEN IS ONE OF THE MOST NOTORIOUS SPEED TRAPS IN GEORGIA.....OR MAYBE IN THE COUNTRY. I have travelled the route of Hwy 25 from Augusta on down to Statesboro 100's of times and most EVERY time that you drive through, 24/7/366, there will be cops hiding in people's front yards with their radar (have seen 3 cars at once in somebody front yards facing northward just as you enter the city limits on the northside heading south.

DO NOT go over the speed limit until you get further south out of the city limits AND PAST the bridges that are about 1-2 miles south of town.

Last edited:

oldfella1962

Driving here did confirm I'll never talk my wife into moving to Burke County.
Burke County (specifically Waynesboro) has all the homicide & crime of Augusta, but none of the amenities. :(

Fan Number 17

I don't live there but have family nearby. The Confederate cemetery in Waynesboro is a interesting place to go. If you do go to Waynesboro make sure to stop by Pineland bakery. That place is heavenly and you can't go wrong with anything they sell.