Anyone replace Sig p365 sights?

menhadenman

Brother’s 365 just lost the fiber on front sight. Supposedly that’s more common than you’d think. He asked me for a good replacement.

I’m only aware of Truglo but figured someone on here would know better.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Liberty

I had to replace some on a 365 that had a dead right rear. I used Trijicon and have been happy. Sig sights come in differing height levels to adjust elevation, so you have to be careful what you order.

Liberty

I thought all the 365s came from the factory with Tritium sights?
One of my inserts went dead within 2 years. Several interactions with sig promising a new rear sight resulted in nothing showing up to my door. I figured splurging for a new seat beat getting mugged and shot at the gas station or atm. I wouldn’t attempt replacement without a sight pusher, the front one is a little fragile unless it is lined up spot on.

transfixer

Both Ameriglo and XS sights make sights for the p365 series, I've got a set of Ameriglo's on a G19 clone I built, XS sights has a big dot front and v-groove post rear that is extremely fast for defense shooting, but offer standard versions as well

menhadenman

I thought all the 365s came from the factory with Tritium sights?
Haven’t seen it in person yet but brother said guy at gun range said it’s more common than you’d think for the fiber optic to come out on a 365. I suggested he just put in a new piece like most folks do but he’s thinking why not get something new.

transfixer

Haven’t seen it in person yet but brother said guy at gun range said it’s more common than you’d think for the fiber optic to come out on a 365. I suggested he just put in a new piece like most folks do but he’s thinking why not get something new.

I'm still confused ? I did some searching and the only 365 that I can find that comes with Fiber optic sight combos is the SAS Sig anti Snag version , and I'm not sure anyone makes a replacement for those? as it looks like they are configured/mounted differently ?

menhadenman

I'm still confused ? I did some searching and the only 365 that I can find that comes with Fiber optic sight combos is the SAS Sig anti Snag version , and I'm not sure anyone makes a replacement for those? as it looks like they are configured/mounted differently ?
I’ll ask him to send me a picture after work… it was just a brief conversation on the phone. Stay tuned and thanks for the suggestions.

bighonkinjeep

I do know the tritium versions need to be cleaned occasionally as crud, dust, lint etc. will build up in the recesses during carry obscuring or dimming the light. I use a Qtip.

menhadenman

That looks like the tritium insert came out ? pretty sure that wasn't a fiber optic piece, they require the top of the blade to be open to absorb light
I think you're correct seeing it too. I suppose he could ask Sig to replace it or just buy another set like you, @Jester896 and @Gator89 pointed out. I'd probably be inclined to call Sig first myself since it doesn't seem like a bad sight. On the other hand, it could be an excuse for him to just buy something nicer for that.

He did just do some drop in trigger kit. He was belly-aching about buying a pistol, then paying to swap out the trigger and sights for a few hundred more dollars. I know the feeling!

Gator89

I think you're correct seeing it too. I suppose he could ask Sig to replace it or just buy another set like you, @Jester896 and @Gator89 pointed out. I'd probably be inclined to call Sig first myself since it doesn't seem like a bad sight. On the other hand, it could be an excuse for him to just buy something nicer for that.

He did just do some drop in trigger kit. He was belly-aching about buying a pistol, then paying to swap out the trigger and sights for a few hundred more dollars. I know the feeling!

Well, it is not 'your" pistol until you "fix it up".

I put a Sig flat trigger in my 365.

Gator89

I would first ask Sig customer service to replace the front sight since the insert fell out..

transfixer

I'm bad about wanting to change sights, and I'm a trigger snob, but I see nothing wrong with the Sig sights on my p365, I'm not a big fan of 3 dot sights usually, I prefer a blacked out rear usually, so it doesn't pull my focus from the front sight, but I find the rear dots on the Sig to be small enough as not to distract , and I have zero complaints with the trigger on mine, other than changing out the grip to the XL module, I've left mine alone

weagle

The P365 has a #6 front and #8 rear.

Euro Optic has the Ameriglo Trooper set on sale:

Latest posts