Anyone Think Firearm Manufacturers May Be Intentionally Slowing Production?

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Most manufacturers have increased production, I good friend is an Armor at Glock in Smyrna and we just spoke about this on Tuesday. Ammo is holding up guns leaving the manufacture, not some conspiracy that manufactures are getting some sort of incentive from the government. If they can’t test fire the guns, they can’t leave the manufacture to head into stores. Most Manufacturers now days fire 4 rounds to test their guns, thousands of guns a day X 4 rounds for each gun.... If you chose to do the math that’s a lot of ammo.

Ask him if they will sell me a Blue label 30S direct. I'll give them a box of .45ACP and they can keep the rest after they use 4 to test fire mine.

chuckdog

I just thought I was watching some $$$ being spent @ Ga. Arms!

The last several times I was by there people were lined up with many spending $1200 ~ $1500, but $14000 barrels?

People have some deep pockets!

killerv

lgs just sold 1000rd of federal fmj 556 for 1450 yesterday...crazy.

there was this old fuddy-duddy in bps yesterday bragging about having the inside connection everywhere, says guy at zeb walmart puts ammo up for him, never sees the shelf. I wanted to tell him he's part of the problem...

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich M

The new folks are definitely feeling some pain. Too bad.

If you walk by a deal, it is likely the last time you will see that deal this year, possibly forever. I passed up 200 rnds for $160 the other day. The new price is $240. I had bought some in November and it was about $130. So, the price has essentially doubled since November. Utterly amazing.

rosewood

I just thought I was watching some $$$ being spent @ Ga. Arms!

The last several times I was by there people were lined up with many spending $1200 ~ $1500, but $14000 barrels?

People have some deep pockets!
I was wondering where my barrel went....

FlipKing

I'll say this...post-crazyness the market should be flooooooooded with guns and ammo. That'll be the time for people like us to buy.

rosewood

I'll say this...post-crazyness the market should be flooooooooded with guns and ammo. That'll be the time for people like us to buy.
It was like that with ARs after folks forgot about Sandy Hook. Lot of new start up companies got in the AR business. The market was flooded and they could be had for $400 and the Pmags for $9. They were cheaper than before Sandy Hook by a few hundred. However, I have never seen ammo or components drop below a pre-panic price. They seem to find a "new normal" after a panic.

Rosewood

Sharps4590

Pre-Obama you could buy 556 in bulk for .10 - .12 cents a round. That barrel would be about $1,500. Imported 7.62 x 39 for .07 cents a round.

rosewood

Back B.O. (before obama), we could buy 1000 small rifle primers for $18. They spiked to about $50 thrn fell to $30-40 pre-pandemic. Now I have seen them for $400, I hope no ones buys them from that guy.

Rosewood

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I think the cheapest ive seen one of those drums was $2,800. It wasn't cheap stuff. Brass casings from Winchester or some other major manufacture. Its been several years though.

Vinootz

The new folks are definitely feeling some pain. Too bad.

If you walk by a deal, it is likely the last time you will see that deal this year, possibly forever. I passed up 200 rnds for $160 the other day. The new price is $240. I had bought some in November and it was about $130. So, the price has essentially doubled since November. Utterly amazing.
I won’t buy from anyone that price gouges. If the price reflects a reasonable increase due to supply and demand factors I can live with it. The prices you mention are an indication of gouging.

killerv

I won’t buy from anyone that price gouges. If the price reflects a reasonable increase due to supply and demand factors I can live with it. The prices you mention are an indication of gouging.

Unless you see what they paid how do you know if its gouging? They may have had to pay up for it to get it on their shelves, and who knows what it will be next time they have to pay up. They'll have to have the capital to buy it next go around. I guess they could have empty shelves, send employees home, etc.

Latest posts