Arik Gilbert back in portal

rshunter

Evidently he's not headed to Gainesville.

FootLongDawg

He is a beast of an athlete, but his home sickness is becoming an issue. Dont get me wrong, I would love to see him a Dawg, but I think even Athens is too far away for him. I guess Kennesaw State might be his next stop. What a shame

bullgator

I got the feeling it was a soft commit from the day he announced it. There wasn’t nearly as much talk in the Gator Nation as there should have been if it were bonified.

I think he heads back to LSU.

Gator89

Scuttlebutt is he has academic issues. Got behind at LSU. May have to catch up his grades before he can play.

across the river

Anyone that has this many wishy washy issues, is bound to not live up to the billing. Teams are better of staying away. Detrius Robertson, Zach Evans, even Trenton Thompson all had red flags, and none lived up to their five star billing. Unless Gilbert gets his head right, he won't either.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Scuttlebutt is he has academic issues. Got behind at LSU. May have to catch up his grades before he can play.

That's the problem with a lot of these kids these days. They are prepared to play next level football but they are lacking on the actual educational side of things which is supposed to be why they are there.

TinKnocker

He is a beast of an athlete, but his home sickness is becoming an issue.
Rumor is his “home sickness” was causing him to fail a bunch of classes. He may not be eligible at any D1 school. He may end up in JUCO due to grades.

rshunter

Agree! TE room to full as it is. My posting was in regard to gators NOT getting him. Despise all things orange, and CDM so the news made me smile!

James12

He’s a head case. UGA better off without him.

Why’s he a head case? Could it just be that he fell into a dumpster fire at LSU and sees it’s not changing, and maybe how different and empty that area looked during Covid added to the homesickness?

TinKnocker

Why’s he a head case? Could it just be that he fell into a dumpster fire at LSU and sees it’s not changing, and maybe how different and empty that area looked during Covid added to the homesickness?
Well that would only explain ONE of the transfers in the last two months.

Pretty sure he has grade issues but still wants playing time. I still think he ends up in JUCO.