Arrow drop advice

gator808

Im looking at buying a new bow and I'm going with a obsession delt 6 or obsession fusion 6. The delta 6 shoots at 344fps and the fusion 6 shoots at 356 fps. I am currently shooting my bow tech assassin that's rated at 333 fps. Here's where I need advice or insight.

I have switched to a single pin sight and love it however my arrow drops pretty good from 20yds to 30yds and so on. I want my next bow to be flat or really freaking close to it at least out to 30 yards and possibly 40yds so I don't have to adjust my sight.

I shoot a 100gr broadhead and always use the arrow the box recommends on size compared to my draw length. Will either of these two bows accomplish what I'm trying to achieve? I like both bows a lot but if the delta six will achieve this ill go that way because of how compact it is but I wouldn't be disappointed at all if I would need to go with the fusion 6.

Thanks for your help!

Kris87

No. No bow will shoot flat at 20 to 30. Some will have less drop, sure. Don't worry about 10fps, you're not a good enough shot to notice it. I'm not.

gator808

Man, I Robin Hood arrows at 60 yds on every shot! Loll cousin has a bow tech insanity and he swears it shoots on the same pin out to 30 yds. I can see it dropping some but I would think an inch maybe with that kind of speed from 20 to 30 yds....I know it won't be exact but it would have to be pretty close. Atleast I thought...

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
For hunting purpose, with modern bows you can set your pin to 25 yards zero'd and you will be good from 10-40 yards. Yes 15 yards may be slightly high and 40 yards may be a little low, but not enough to not put a good shot on a deer.

167WhiteTAIL

For hunting purpose, with modern bows you can set your pin to 25 yards zero'd and you will be good from 10-40 yards. Yes 15 yards may be slightly high and 40 yards may be a little low, but not enough to not put a good shot on a deer.

This is what I do, except I zero at 27 yards. If deer is:
-30 yards or less, I aim for lower third of vitals,
-30-40 yards, I aim mid deer. If he doesnt drop, I hit hart area, if he drops, my arrow drops with him, double lungs.

I do not like to make shots past 40ish yards. Once he starts to spring up, I have no idea what direction he is going. Not an ethical shot in my opinion.

If you want to shoot flat out to 40 yards, you need an xbow. I have a Ghost 410, I think my bolts are 423gr. I am point and click out to 45 yards (there is some rise and fall, but it is pretty flat to 45, then starts to drop). I've never chronoed it so I'm not sure how fast it is flying.

rarcher

I shoot a single pin what I do when hunting is set mine on 30 yds. This puts me about 2 inches high at 20 and about 3 inches low at 40.
Even with pins you going to have to gap shoot.