Arthritis....

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I believe I'm detecting some in my left hand just recently. Nothing terrible yet, but it has become quite regular moderate pain and discomfort. In other words almost constant, but to the point where I'm wanting to continuously massage it.

What in your opinion is the best OTC product available at this stage?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Reckon I'll try some naproxen.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I haven`t found anything that works yet, either OTC, old wives tales, South Georgia root doctors, conjure women, or doctor prescribed. And I`ve been looking and trying different remedies for going on 8 years or so.

Nothing has done one dab of good so far.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I haven`t found anything that works yet, either OTC, old wives tales, South Georgia root doctors, conjure women, or doctor prescribed. And I`ve been looking and trying different remedies for going on 8 years or so.

Nothing has done one dab of good so far.

Unfortunately, I was afraid of that Nic. Thankfully, mine is just aggravating, but tolerable at this point. Not looking forward to it's progress based on what I'm feeling though.

I know it can be very debilitating. I have a female cousin that was afflicted with it at an early age(mid to late 20's) basically stole her life, and her family's to large extent.

K80Shooter

My hands/fingers hurt constantly. Nothing I have been given has helped them. I also have problems with basically every joint I have. I have been given several different rx's to ease the pain but nothing seems to work much or for long.

Last year I started having trouble with my potassium being way high, the trouble was traced back the pain meds I have/was taking. No more advil, motrin/ibuprofen, aspirin or any type of anti inflammatory meds for me because of the effects it has on me. I am currently taking tramadol 3 times a day for pain. It helps some.

I just recently started taking cortisone shots in some of my joints. They seem to be working on my shoulder's pretty good but this last time I got it in both knees. For about a week it worked good. One day I had to check on my neighbors well for him which required me to get onto my knees on concrete, within minutes they were hurting worse than ever before, not sure why. You are limited on how many shots you can have in a given period.

As for my hands/fingers...... they hurt constantly and can get very stiff. They also get very cold nowadays. I don't guess the pain will ever quit as long as I'm breathing.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My hands/fingers hurt constantly. Nothing I have been given has helped them. I also have problems with basically every joint I have. I have been given several different rx's to ease the pain but nothing seems to work much or for long.

Last year I started having trouble with my potassium being way high, the trouble was traced back the pain meds I have/was taking. No more advil, motrin/ibuprofen, aspirin or any type of anti inflammatory meds for me because of the effects it has on me. I am currently taking tramadol 3 times a day for pain. It helps some.

I just recently started taking cortisone shots in some of my joints. They seem to be working on my shoulder's pretty good but this last time I got it in both knees. For about a week it worked good. One day I had to check on my neighbors well for him which required me to get onto my knees on concrete, within minutes they were hurting worse than ever before, not sure why. You are limited on how many shots you can have in a given period.

As for my hands/fingers...... they hurt constantly and can get very stiff. They also get very cold nowadays. I don't guess the pain will ever quit as long as I'm breathing.

I can`t take any type of anti-inflammatory because I have chronic kidney disease. I practically have to just live with my pain because Aleve, Tylenol, and its counterpart Acetaminophens don`t work for me at all.

It might work for others though.

1gr8bldr

Ibuprophen does wonders for me however just last week, my doctor at a consultation said not to take them on a regular basis. In years past, getting healthy, in shape, made lots of my pains go away..... but so far, this year, I'm trying to get back in shape however I still get up like I am 70 years old. I'm fine once I get loosened up. I did add some exercises to my routine. Holding a kettle ball and twisting, rolling my wrist and squeezing those spring loaded hand gripper type things. It has helped with the hand pain.

1gr8bldr

My doctor tried to tell me that hurting like this at my age was normal. I was asking what I could do safely to manage pains. I'm not sure I agree with it being normal. Fact is that I am worn out. I can't see how a desk job could hurt equally at 50's as would a construction job?????

1gr8bldr

I tell people that it has nothing to do with age and everything to do with mileage. Some of us have had some hard miles

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I tell people that it has nothing to do with age and everything to do with mileage. Some of us have had some hard miles

Yep, had a doctor tell me hands shouldn't be used as hammers right before he took a worn out bone out of my wrist.

K80Shooter

I totally agree with the mileage part. Same as rode hard and put up wet.

K80Shooter

I'll take years of personal experience over a government news bulletin every time.

If you want it government approved you're limiting your choices .
Just my .02

There's thousands of Indonesians that disagree with the FDA.

Maybe some day it will be totally unbearable, till then I'll limit my choices I guess.

To each his own.

Killdee

I take Ostio bi-flex glucosamine condroitin every day and have for years it takes a while to help but when I run out I really feel it in my hands and finger joints.

sparky

I layed off sugar,no sweet tea,cokes,ice cream,cookies etc..,lost better than 10 lbs too,knees and fingers feel much better !

Gaswamp

therapeutic massage helps mine

turkeykirk

I have a problem with my wrists. Bought a couple of the wrist braces to wear at night. Seems to help with the ache while I sleep.