ASA State Tournament - July 14-15, 2018

jt12

The ASA State Tournament is less than two weeks away. This year it will be here at Po Boy's Archery on July 14th and 15th. The event will be a casual registration on Saturday starting at 8 and running through 3. On Sunday I hope that everyone will be started by 10....that's if you're planning on shooting them all Sunday. That'll give you plenty of time to shoot 30 without making the awards ceremony too late in the day.

We will be placing you in groups. We will have four 15-target courses. Right now we plan to have all 45 and 50 yard classes on the same courses and the other classes on the other 2 courses. This could possibly change, but I don't foresee it. It if it does, it will be before the tournament starts, and I will post it.

The address is 1636 Price Rd, Wrightsville, GA 31096. If you put this address in your phone, it doesn't take you to the exact place but it does put you on Price Rd where we're at. You will not have any problems finding us because we will have plenty of road signs to direct you once you get close. So don't be concerned on finding where you need to go. If you are coming through Wrightsville stay on 319 North. The GPS on your phone will have you fork off 319N but its quicker to just stay on 319. I'll have signs up either way you choose to go. Everyone else just follow your GPS.

If you're planning on staying overnight, Dublin would be your best bet for good hotels and restaurants. It's about a 40-minute drive from the range. If you plan to camp, there are two good campgrounds to choose from, Hamburg State Park and George L. Smith State Park. Both are within an hour's drive. If you have a generator and plumbing and want to camp at the range, you can. Just contact Troy before the tournament.

We will be having a raffle. This raffle is only for the shooters that attend the state tournament only. No other tickets have been sold. The cost is $5.00. The prize is a choice between a PSE Shootdown or a New Breed Blade. We will draw two winners. The first person drawn will have a choice between the two bows. On top of that every person who competes in the state tournament will have a chance to win either a $100 gift card to Lancaster or Truball Sweetspot 3 finger or Truball Sniper release.

Concessions will be available. For more info, contact Troy at 478-232-9889.

Hope everyone can make it.

Last edited:

jt12

I sure got a good work out today. We set all 60 targets and got most of them staked. I’ll really hope y’all enjoy the setup. We really took our time and put a lot of thought in target placement. There should be some good scores this weekend. Also I’ve had some people inquiring about water on the range. I’m glad to report that the range is totally dry. I will say that the mosquitoes are bothersome in some parts of the range so you might want to be prepared.

Don’t forget about the $5 raffle for a chance to win either a PSE Shootdown or a New Breed Blade. The raffle is only for the people that shoot this weekend. Everyone who registers will be eligible to win $100 gift card from Lancaster, or a couple releases from Truball, Sweet Spot or Sniper.

Hope y’all can make it

oldgeez

I'm going to try and make it down there early to beat the heat

jt12

I'm going to try and make it down there early to beat the heat

Geez the temperature here is just right to put up some ?hot? scores. Don’t worry we’ll have plenty of cool beverages to cool you down if you get too over heated putting up some high scores.

rmga99

I just wanted to give Troy & Po Boy's a ? for a great job . I shot both rounds on Sat. and was impressed by the time & effort put in the setting the range. Best State tournament I have been to.

Latest posts