Asking for info

needmotime2fish

As a change from fishing local lakes and ponds, I'm looking for public access bank fishing on a stream or river, and because of my age, without too much walking involved. Also no boating or wading, just sitting on the bank. I'm in the Lawrenceville area near Sugarloaf Pkwy, and don't want to drive much more than about 20 miles.

Can anyone tell me if there are any spots worth fishing in the Apalachee River -- or even in Drowning Creek, which flows into the Apalachee -- in the area south of GA-316 and north of Tribble Mill and Harbins parks, or possibly a bit further east to the area south of Bethlehem?

Or is the river (and the creek) too small and shallow in that area to be worthwhile fishing? I'd be mainly targeting carp, even small ones (catch & release), and since Lake Oconee is full of them, I figure I might find a few in the streams that flow into the lake, as well.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
As a change from fishing local lakes and ponds, I'm looking for public access bank fishing on a stream or river, and because of my age, without too much walking involved. Also no boating or wading, just sitting on the bank. I'm in the Lawrenceville area near Sugarloaf Pkwy, and don't want to drive much more than about 20 miles.

Can anyone tell me if there are any spots worth fishing in the Apalachee River -- or even in Drowning Creek, which flows into the Apalachee -- in the area south of GA-316 and north of Tribble Mill and Harbins parks, or possibly a bit further east to the area south of Bethlehem?

Or is the river (and the creek) too small and shallow in that area to be worthwhile fishing? I'd be mainly targeting carp, even small ones (catch & release), and since Lake Oconee is full of them, I figure I might find a few in the streams that flow into the lake, as well.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Sorry, the only place I know that fits what what you're ask'n (except for the under 20 mile drive) is Olde Rope Mill Park.

needmotime2fish

Theres some carp in Tribble Mill
Thanks -- that's close to me (20 minutes). I caught several nice grass carp there (all about 24 pounds) about 15 years ago, and saw some commons. But at the moment I'm looking for 'moving' water (rivers or creeks) as a change. BTW, there are also some nice carp in Rhodes Jordan -- IF you can keep your bait away from all the turtles long enough. That's my go-to place, because I live about 10 minutes away, but the turtles make it frustrating.

needmotime2fish

Sorry, the only place I know that fits what what you're ask'n (except for the under 20 mile drive) is Olde Rope Mill Park.
If I lived closer, that would definitely be an option. I fished there for 2 days about 10 years ago and did catch a few nice carp. Thanks.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
If I lived closer, that would definitely be an option. I fished there for 2 days about 10 years ago and did catch a few nice carp. Thanks.
What time of year? We generally fish early to mid spring for white, hybred, and stripe bass.