ATV wheels and tires 420 Honda

JohnK

I've got a Honda 420 with stock AT24x8-12 and AT24x10-11 tires and wheels I've found some tire and wheel take offs from a foreman that are 25x8-12 and 25x10-12. I have read that the 25's may fit on my machine. The front is wider too, so will that affect steering? Anybody ever done this swap and how did you like it?

lonewolf247

I've got a Honda 420 with stock AT24x8-12 and AT24x10-11 tires and wheels I've found some tire and wheel take offs from a foreman that are 25x8-12 and 25x10-12. I have read that the 25's may fit on my machine. The front is wider too, so will that affect steering? Anybody ever done this swap and how did you like it?

It should bolt right on, provided both machines have a solid rear axle. I've done this on an older Rancher 350, and handling was fine. The tires are the same width, and only an inch taller. They should not rub.

Handling and ride quality might even improve, because of the larger tires holding more air. Now I say that because your going from stock tires, to larger stock tires. If you went with a heavy duty, thick ply aftermarket tires, all deals off!

I recently put Rancher tires, on a Recon, and it handles great too.