Bacon & Eggs..... Burgers & Fries

ryork

Supper last night and breakfast this morning. Grilled burger, blistered peppers and fries. Bacon and eggs this morning.

The burger is actually ground emu with duck fat, and the bacon is duck bacon. All courtesy of Amaroo Hills Farm in Ashland TN. Can't even begin to describe how satisfying all of this was after three months with no bacon, no burgers etc. If someone else had cooked it and gave it to me, I would have never known that burger wasn't a cow! No kidding

7-29 (3).jpg7-29 (4).jpg7-29 (5).jpg7-29 (2).jpg

hawkeye123

Man that burger looks like NcHillbilly cooked it! fantastic , glad you are able to cook that and enjoy it!!! Duck bacon looks just like pork belly bacon!

ryork

Man that burger looks like NcHillbilly cooked it! fantastic , glad you are able to cook that and enjoy it!!! Duck bacon looks just like pork belly bacon!

Thanks! That's quite a compliment! Not exactly the same as pork bacon, but a very nice substitute. Heads and shoulders, far and away better than that turkey bacon you can find at the grocery store. Tried that, and decided I could just forego bacon altogether than eat that stuff.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
I am there with you. Have not had red meat, eggs or bacon since April. Well done my friend!

furtaker

Thanks! That's quite a compliment! Not exactly the same as pork bacon, but a very nice substitute. Heads and shoulders, far and away better than that turkey bacon you can find at the grocery store. Tried that, and decided I could just forego bacon altogether than eat that stuff.
I tried turkey bacon one time and it was like eating a piece of cardboard.

Yours looks great!

Longhorn 16

[
Thanks, but trying to avoid anaphylactic shock is quite the motivator!

Been there on a fishing trip. Two life flights to get my daughter back to the US. Thank the lord she made it. Survived because a doctor on vacation hit her gag reflex so she she could breath. I owe that man every thing. 12 hours of hades.

ryork

[

Been there on a fishing trip. Two life flights to get my daughter back to the US. Thank the lord she made it. Survived because a doctor on vacation hit her gag reflex so she she could breath. I owe that man every thing. 12 hours of hades.

Wow, some one was watching over her that day.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
[

Prayers!!!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Looks great!! I'm gonna check them out!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks most excellent!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Who says Alpha Gal won't compromise? Outstanding vittles Mr. York.:rockon: