Bald Eagle spotted in Dunwoody, GA

ghadarits

Earlier this summer near Berkley Lake I thought I saw a bald eagle fly across Peachtree Industrial but didn't have time to get my phone out and take a video or picture. Well today I went home for lunch and I did see a bald eagle and the evidence is here. This was off of Peeler rd at the Dekalb County reservoirs. This is within hearing of I285 traffic between Winters Chapel and Tilly Mill roads for a general location. Sorry for the poor picture quality it was pretty far away and its a cell phone pic.

Attachments

• Peeler rd bald eagle.jpg
    Peeler rd bald eagle.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 21

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I've seen several at Bull Sluice impoundment in Roswell...
Just a short flight up the river to berkeley lake area...

specialk

they're not rare anymore.....see plenty when you get near any large impoundment of water.....

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yep, they starting to show up in a lot of places. Follow me around the swamps and rivers I plunder around and you will see anywhere from 5 to to 15 a day. They thick around here.

GeorgiaBob

Magnificent raptors. My wife saw one "in trouble" in the lake at our get away house in Liberty County about 5 yeas ago. It was a yearling who's only "trouble" was swimming to shore with a fish in his claws. The young bird had snagged a bird that probably weighed as much as he did and refused to let go.

He did get it to shore on a neighbor's yard, tore it apart consuming more than I thought a bird that size could eat. We watched it for over an hour, from the struggle to land the fish through "walking off" the oversized meal. When he finally took to the air - - it was not graceful. We still see it once in a while, circling high overhead.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I probably see 50-60 a year nowadays. I've seen a couple nests in the last couple years. They're coming back bigtime. Saw one fly over my yard last winter carrying a housecat.

ghadarits

See them along the Savannah River chain of lakes regularly and near Swainsboro at my hunting property. I haven’t ever seen one within a mile of I285 in Atlanta though. That bird could have possibly been able to see the north side I85 - I285 interchange from where it was sitting.