Barnes TTSX 80 grain Claims another one.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Me likey 85 grain Federal Trophy Copper factory loads out of my Tikka .243. Only shot a couple, but pass thrus each time. This was a decent size buck, didn’t make it 10 ft.
View attachment 1265874
I have 500 of those bullets that came from factory rounds that was pull-down ammo. Glad to get an example of how they perform.

Nice buck! I've got a few of the 80 grain ttsx loaded up for my 6mm remington. They shoot better than the 100 grain nosler partition load that I hunt with. It's just hard to switch because I have a ton of confidence in the nosler partition.

Gaswamp

thanks for sharing

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
My boy will have to try those in his .243. So far the Federal blue box have been the most accurate in his gun, but they have refused to pass through any of the deer he’s shot. Tried Hornady American Whitetail and they grouped poorly.
My youngest boy shoots a 25-06, Hornady Precison Hunter, 110 grain ELD-X. Pic is a doe he shot at 50ish yards, entry wound and she was quartered to the right facing away. No idea how she ran the 20 yds she ran after the shot.IMG_4547.png

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
All I can figure is it expanded rapidly when it hit the ribs. He’s killed a few more deer with it since. No issues with killing them or finding them.

Latest posts