BASS FISHING: The Pre Spawn Hit List Day 2

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Here's the your Day 2 pre spawn hit list bait! The spinnerbait! Lots of variables to consider when selecting a proper spinnerbait for the day. Water color, forage, depth and temperatures dictate the color, blade type and size, and even wire thickness and whether or not you use a trailer or a trailer hook. Regardless, these lures are a can't miss option for pre spawn bass fishing and will continue to work well beyond post spawn as well. They've fallen off in popularity due to the rising of the chatterbait taking it's place, but to those in the know, the spinnerbait is irreplaceable and a DEADLY big fish bait!

There's no wrong way to fish it either. Burn it, slow roll it, stop and go, pitch it, flip it, fish it like a jig on the bottom, even skip casts if you're skilled enough and know how to get it to skip. You can fish it in, over, around, and through just about anything without hanging up. Several tips and tricks you can use to modify them or get them to work better for a certain situation as well so they're very adjustable unlike other lures that you're just stuck with the way they are such as a crankbait where you can only change hooks and split rings. I could do an advanced spinnerbait breakdown thread If anyone is interested in that one.

Sheesh... I REALLY need to start doing this in video format soon so I don't have to type all this information.

IMG_20210320_143900.jpgIMG_20210320_143911.jpgIMG_20201017_150156.jpgIMG_20190314_083321.jpgIMG_20190314_083301.jpg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’ve caught a lot of fish thru the years during this time frame with using spinnerbaits, rattletraps and a lizard. Any of the three will get it done.