Been a while so I thought I would drop bye and pop a question that I've been wondering about.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Hope everyone is doing well, you and your loved ones are staying safe and enjoying your summer.
Here's the context:

Last week the CDC published this on it's website.
In the CDC website’s section on “Health Equity Considerations” – found under its “Infant and Young Child Feeding Toolkit,” the center declared that “Transgender and nonbinary-gendered individuals may give birth and breastfeed or feed at the chest (chestfeed).”
The drug domperidone is part of the CDC recommended regimen used to induce 'lactation' in men despite it being contraindicated in breast-feeding mothers. It should be noted this is an "off label" use as the drug has been shown to cause severe heart abnormalities in children.

I've had a high degree of suspicion of "science" since beginning my undergraduate chemistry classes years ago. This was thanks to my professor who would occasionally relay stories of how studies and funding would be manipulated to produce the desired interpretation of results. Nothing I've seen since has changed my view. If anything, my experience has only deepened my skepticism. Then there was Covid and the complete disrobing of "science" The ideological biases that influence science was laid bare for everyone to see. Now this, which utterly boggles my mind given the proven danger to the infant.

Given that as a context I was wondering how most of you guys down here felt. You guys, generally speaking, reject the supernatural, are about the most devout group I could think of with regards to basing your beliefs on the observable as backed by science. Have any of you had your faith in science shaken by how Covid was handled, and the info that has come out to include the story above. Maybe I'm framing it too broadly. It would probably be more accurate to ask if you have had your faith in the interpretation and dissemination of the scientific interpretations , your faith in the scientific process as it as practiced, or maybe both shaken?

Disclaimer: I'm not here to debate that the theory of science isn't as pure as the wind driven snow. I feel it it. I'm asking if you have begun to wonder if the theory isn't practiced, and if so how distorted do you think it's become and maybe even for how long.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hope everyone is doing well, you and your loved ones are staying safe and enjoying your summer.
Here's the context:

The drug domperidone is part of the CDC recommended regimen used to induce 'lactation' in men despite it being contraindicated in breast-feeding mothers. It should be noted this is an "off label" use as the drug has been shown to cause severe heart abnormalities in children.

I've had a high degree of suspicion of "science" since beginning my undergraduate chemistry classes years ago. This was thanks to my professor who would occasionally relay stories of how studies and funding would be manipulated to produce the desired interpretation of results. Nothing I've seen since has changed my view. If anything, my experience has only deepened my skepticism. Then there was Covid and the complete disrobing of "science" The ideological biases that influence science was laid bare for everyone to see. Now this, which utterly boggles my mind given the proven danger to the infant.

Given that as a context I was wondering how most of you guys down here felt. You guys, generally speaking, reject the supernatural, are about the most devout group I could think of with regards to basing your beliefs on the observable as backed by science. Have any of you had your faith in science shaken by how Covid was handled, and the info that has come out to include the story above. Maybe I'm framing it too broadly. It would probably be more accurate to ask if you have had your faith in the interpretation and dissemination of the scientific interpretations , your faith in the scientific process as it as practiced, or maybe both shaken?

Disclaimer: I'm not here to debate that the theory of science isn't as pure as the wind driven snow. I feel it it. I'm asking if you have begun to wonder if the theory isn't practiced, and if so how distorted do you think it's become and maybe even for how long.
That isn't science. That's a political agenda spun by so-called scientists.

WaltL1

I think, in the end, I trust that science moves forward despite all the crap that man pollutes it with.
Science is based on funding/money so there's no question politics etc. is going to play its part.

buckpasser

That isn't science. That's a political agenda spun by so-called scientists.

Sadly, too much science is spun. From wild turkey biology to climate change to Covid. The “science” is bad. Sometimes it’s easier to see the puppet master than others.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
What you described is man being evil. If not a distortion of science for gain it would be something else. They don’t even try to do what’s good by moral standards forget religion.

SemperFiDawg

That isn't science.
I agree completely, but it is the governing bodies of science and those in government who the general public depend on to interpret and make policy on. Those same bodies guide funding thus they guide findings. Stevens and Beecher discovered men have xy chromosomes and women have xx chromosomes, and that was it, there were no more. I highly doubt that they could get funding for that study today because of the implications of what their research proposal could have on the the political/social agenda.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I agree completely, but it is the governing bodies of science and those in government who the general public depend on to interpret and make policy on. Those same bodies guide funding thus they guide findings. Stevens and Beecher discovered men have xy chromosomes and women have xx chromosomes, and that was it, there were no more. I highly doubt that they could get funding for that study today because of the implications of what their research proposal could have on the the political/social agenda.
Beauracracies aren't science. They are political entities that bribe sketchy scientists to push their agendas.

SemperFiDawg

Beauracracies aren't science. They are political entities that bribe sketchy scientists to push their agendas.
They don't have to bribe. If you can sway what is studied, how a study is conducted through funding, and/or skew the interpretation of the final data that is consumed by the public there's no need for an outright bribe.

SemperFiDawg

I think, in the end, I trust that science moves forward despite all the crap that man pollutes it with.
Science is based on funding/money so there's no question politics etc. is going to play its part.
How long do you think it's been going on? I honestly don't have a clue. I suspect heavily since WWII when there was a formal marriage between government and science and the atomic race, but that's just a guess.

WaltL1

How long do you think it's been going on? I honestly don't have a clue. I suspect heavily since WWII when there was a formal marriage between government and science and the atomic race, but that's just a guess.
Sounds like a reasonable guess to me.
I picture early science as being a individual thing being financed by the "scientist" themselves. I would guess from there investors got involved probably more to make money than any noble humanitarian reasons.

Big7

The Oracle
Meanwhile, you can't beg, borrow or steal an FDA approved opioid or benzodiazepine both of which have been approved for decades.

They are giving terminal patients Tramadol which is one step above a baby aspirin. These people are dieing in horrible pain. Literally.

But MEN can get drugs "off lable" which means they are not FDA approved for that purpose so they can "lactate".

THE FREAKING WORLD HAS GONE NUTS!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Here's the context:

Regarding Science, Religion, Medical, Politics....we all have a nose for foul smells and if something stinks only a fool would continue to eat that particular dish because other dishes were good, nor would anyone with a bit of sense abandon the good dishes because another is bad.
Follow the money and you'll learn more about the flies selling the bad meat.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I throw an apple up and the apple comes back down. If it doesn't then something isn't right. I will look into what isn't right before I immediately think jumping off of a bridge is safe.
9/10 the guy selling tickets to jump off the bridge has a truckload of other people's apples.

oldfella1962

What you described is man being evil. If not a distortion of science for gain it would be something else. They don’t even try to do what’s good by moral standards forget religion.
Good point! For the most part morals are morals are morals when it comes to many subjects all across the planet. If anything directly & immediately affecting public health is deliberately covered up or weaponized it's wrong no matter how you slice it. Will anybody be held accountable? Not very likely.

oldfella1962

Meanwhile, you can't beg, borrow or steal an FDA approved opioid or benzodiazepine both of which have been approved for decades.

They are giving terminal patients Tramadol which is one step above a baby aspirin. These people are dieing in horrible pain. Literally.

But MEN can get drugs "off lable" which means they are not FDA approved for that purpose so they can "lactate".

THE FREAKING WORLD HAS GONE NUTS!
Agree with that last part! Maybe somewhere deep in the Amazon jungle societies have their act together, but not most of the world.

oldfella1962

I definitely think that the interpretation, dissemination, etc. was mangled at many levels concerning Covid. And because much of the initial "gain of function" research was done in China - and now we find out "surprise surprise!" that Covid was likely leaked from a Chinese lab it's a guarantee that politics are a huge factor. China plays fast and loose with safety and accuracy concerning the actual science (even more than most countries do) but rules with an iron fist when it comes to suppressing the actual truth.

That said once Covid was "on the loose" here in America and we determined which demographic group was the most vulnerable (elderly, obese, compromised immune systems, smokers, etc) we should have poured our efforts into protecting them rather than shut down schools (home schooling works in theory, but not reality) which negatively affected minority & poor kids - whom were generally already behind their peers. We put thousands of small businesses out of business. The list goes on & on as we all know. :mad:

As for this craziness of inducing males (can I call them that? I don't know anymore) to breast feed the whole idea does not pass the "risk versus reward" test. o_O If consenting adults want to engage in all manner of naughty stuff behind closed doors, I have no problem with that. But when it involves the health of children (or if there is even a risk of endangering kids) just to (I suppose) make a statement - every decent & sane human on both sides of the political aisle should be pushing for shutting this kind of thing down with a quickness.

660griz

Have any of you had your faith in science shaken by how Covid was handled, and the info that has come out to include the story above.
No. I did have some feelings about certain figures cemented. How proper science was stifled in order to push an agenda. The way covid was handled had very little to do with science.

oldfella1962

No. I did have some feelings about certain figures cemented. How proper science was stifled in order to push an agenda. The way covid was handled had very little to do with science.
I can't wait to see how the next similar situation is (mis)handled! I would say it couldn't be handled much worse, but I would likely be wrong. :(

SemperFiDawg

Last edited:

SemperFiDawg

I pray this isn't true. I would put a pistol to the head of the hospice Dr. and he would write the order and that my friend is not bluster or an empty threat.