Best/worst bbq in georgia!?!?

Concrete Pete

Smokejack in Alpharetta isn’t bad and it’s close to the fly shop.

longrangedog

Scotts in Cartersville has real good brisket and burnt ends. Friday used to be burnt ends day and you better get there early because they always sell out.

Concrete Pete

GA BBQ in Williamson is pretty good.

On that note, I’ve never really found Williamson Brothers to be that amazing. I know people like it (and that’s fine), but I never got the appeal

HIGH COUNTRY

I tried Purvis BBQ for first time going to grandsons baseball game Saturday, been by there many times during the week but not open. Stew was good, but the meat was dry and no sauce on tables... Lots food for the money, notwhat I was expecting - figured they have been there for many many years.

HIGH COUNTRY

Vandys in Stateboro is wonderful, you can hurt yourself there. The small block building in the middle of town, not the one at the mall area. I am still partial to Fat Matts ribs and stew in Atlanta, cool place to me but tiny and no parking. Blues music sometimes kinda cool to have my rare beer and eat bbq and listen to blues music!!! Smoakies has great meat and sauce, and they say that the grandmother not sure about now but up to a few years ago personally made the stew - its thick and its really really good! Best sliced bbq sandwich I ever had was at Richardsons bba in Iron City Ga, closed a few years ago. Dark sweet sauce with a kick, train used to stop there and the guys would get off the train and go in and get sandwiches. A guy I work with tried to buy the famly sauce recipe but they wouldnt sell it. They used to do festivals but I bet they have quit that also. That was a traadition when hunting sw ga on saturdays for many decades for me!!!