Bicycle race near Oconee Forest on 11/14 during the rut?

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
The 40 acres is on 53 at MM 4, next to the Hunter's event barn.

I also own a lot in Oconee Crossing.

I live off of Rocky Branch Rd and I'm building my new house down on Colham Ferry Rd. It's less than 15 minutes from Redlands.

Small world, I live in Oconee Crossing. That event barn was the tip off. I've got a friend that lives down Colham Ferry near the WMA, spent a lot of time out that way.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Small world, I live in Oconee Crossing. That event barn was the tip off. I've got a friend that lives down Colham Ferry near the WMA, spent a lot of time out that way.

OC is a great neighborhood.

I was going to build my house there before I found the land on CFR.

Then I was going to build my daughter a house there and she decided to marry a guy from the ATL and they bought a house there.

If I lived in OC I'd probably eat at Striplings twice a day. I'd be orca fat.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
OC is a great neighborhood.

I was going to build my house there before I found the land on CFR.

Then I was going to build my daughter a house there and she decided to marry a guy from the ATL and they bought a house there.

If I lived in OC I'd probably eat at Striplings twice a day. I'd be orca fat.

We ride the golf cart to Striplings a couple of times a week, I'm sure we cover the electricity bill for that place at least one month a year. Been in OC for about 5 years and love it, lots of great neighbors. My kids are young, so having the pool and other kids to play with is huge.

TomC

Lived off Rocky Branch Rd for a number of years. Was on a lease some years back on the tract next to Oconee Crossing subdivision. I can remember sitting in the stand and hearing the band practice at Prince Avenue. Shot a couple, killed my only coyote with a bow there. Tract was for sale, pretty tract!

treemanjohn

Banned
I hear some thinly veiled warnings about someone being shot.

Sad would be the hunter that cannot tell the difference between a fur covered quadruped and someone going fast on a bicycle.

Accidental shot, you say? Sad also would be the hunters whose hot round passed across a gravel road.

I rode two stroke motorcycle races through the woods (for decades) and the deer were not afraid of us. I was more worried about hitting one at 30 mph and getting spit off of the bike.

Share and share alike, IMO.
Hunters give hunters a terrible name

HermanMerman

We ride the golf cart to Striplings a couple of times a week, I'm sure we cover the electricity bill for that place at least one month a year. Been in OC for about 5 years and love it, lots of great neighbors. My kids are young, so having the pool and other kids to play with is huge.

I feel bad for the gas station across the highway. I used to stop there for lunch years ago working my internship in college. I can’t believe they are still open.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I feel bad for the gas station across the highway. I used to stop there for lunch years ago working my internship in college. I can’t believe they are still open.

T's Corner.

On of the last places around here that still sells the small cheap Little Debbies.

Even Golden Pantry has followed RacTrac and QuikTrip in the high margin game and deleted the small individual Little Debbies.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist

I wish they hadn't stopped serving food, they had a better grits bowl than Striplings and were open on Sunday morning. They had to quit selling food because of a septic issue the owner wasn't willing to fix from what they told me.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I sent them an email. I'll post up if they respond.

Now that I think about, opening day may be a busier day, but I would think most guys would like to be in a tree on the 14th(assuming most public land hunters hunt weeks ends).

Here is the response I received this morning:

Tim Molyneaux said:
We are aware of the issue and are making changes to the course to avoid the busiest areas.