Big boar

sghoghunter

You will get him. Just don’t get sloppy & not pay attention to the wind. They find that free food & let their guard down,a little..

This particular ole boy has done started messing with me worse than any big buck has. We’re planting plots next Friday and Saturday so Thursday night will be the next chance we get. I have noticed that they aren’t as spooky on a feeder that they have to work on getting food vs a spin feeder or just poured on the ground

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
This particular ole boy has done started messing with me worse than any big buck has. We’re planting plots next Friday and Saturday so Thursday night will be the next chance we get. I have noticed that they aren’t as spooky on a feeder that they have to work on getting food vs a spin feeder or just poured on the ground
Fun stuff! He’s going no where so long as there is food there! Interesting about how spooky they are or are not depending on feeder type. On the ground food is natural and they can chow down but still be on full alert. Digging it out of a feeder like that has to be somewhat of a distraction. That big ole boy would be #1 on my hit list…….the deer can wait! :rockon:

sghoghunter

Fun stuff! He’s going no where so long as there is food there! Interesting about how spooky they are or are not depending on feeder type. On the ground food is natural and they can chow down but still be on full alert. Digging it out of a feeder like that has to be somewhat of a distraction. That big ole boy would be #1 on my hit list…….the deer can wait! :rockon:

Yes sir he’s definitely #1 on the gotta go list.

sghoghunter

I may have to swing by and pick you up to go bust his head. This hog is the hardest,smartest and stupidest hog of ever tried to kill or catch. When we first noticed him he was coming in with a big sow and my brother woke up early one morning and was able to slip in on them and he got mixed up and shot the sow and he got away. Two weeks later he showed back up and i slipped in on him and I missed I guess cause he showed back up five days later. This go around him and another boar has been coming in together and also coming in solo all during the night. Well last Thursday night the camera went off and he came in and fed around just like he always does. Me and my brother grabbed the tripods and guns and jumped on the golfcart and took off. We slipped in got set up and on three we shot,down he went. I walked down to where he was laying and one I saw him I realized we done shot the wrong one again. On the way in there they swapped places and he slipped off untouched once again. Well guess what he showed back up again last night. This first pic is when he showed up the other night and the second is the one we actually shot.

Attachments

• file20231005193350FB4VR.jpeg
    file20231005193350FB4VR.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 35
  • file20231005200441H65SZ.jpeg
    file20231005200441H65SZ.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 35
  • file20231005201452C5PLD.jpeg
    file20231005201452C5PLD.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 35

sghoghunter

WoW...he was there for 40 minutes around 8:00?

No that’s two different ones. The first one is the one I’m after and the second one is his buddy that we messed up and shot. He stays in there almost all night aslong as the feeder has feed in it.

sghoghunter

Well Jester the popcorn finally ran out. We rolled into camp Friday mid afternoon and got settled in. He had been showing every night but no real pattern to go by so when he hadn’t shown by midnight we went to bed. The camera went off around 4:15 sat morning but we chose to hold off since my brother had a good 8 point on camera the past two mornings not to far from this feeder. Well just after dark Saturday a new decent size boar came in fed under feeder and was gone within a couple minutes. He still hadn’t showed by midnight so we went to bed and I took a chance and set my alarm for 4am since he done the same thing Saturday morning. Well I couldn’t go to sleep so I played on my phone for a lil bit and two more decent boars came in fed around and left. The alarm went off and when I looked only deer had been at the feeder while I was asleep so I decided to roll over and go back to sleep but right as I was going to sleep I heard that ping. I looked and there he was at 4:08. I jumped up got dressed,got the gun and tripod out the truck and off on the golfcart I went. Slipped in and he didn’t have a clue I was anywhere around. Got set up like the other three times but after the first shot he hit the dirt and started kicking so I threw two more down there just cause.

Attachments

• file202310150308036VZP8.jpeg
    file202310150308036VZP8.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 60
  • file20231015033553NY7EG.jpeg
    file20231015033553NY7EG.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0761.png
    IMG_0761.png
    460.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    432 KB · Views: 60
Well Jester the popcorn finally ran out. We rolled into camp Friday mid afternoon and got settled in. He had been showing every night but no real pattern to go by so when he hadn’t shown by midnight we went to bed. The camera went off around 4:15 sat morning but we chose to hold off since my brother had a good 8 point on camera the past two mornings not to far from this feeder. Well just after dark Saturday a new decent size boar came in fed under feeder and was gone within a couple minutes. He still hadn’t showed by midnight so we went to bed and I took a chance and set my alarm for 4am since he done the same thing Saturday morning. Well I couldn’t go to sleep so I played on my phone for a lil bit and two more decent boars came in fed around and left. The alarm went off and when I looked only deer had been at the feeder while I was asleep so I decided to roll over and go back to sleep but right as I was going to sleep I heard that ping. I looked and there he was at 4:08. I jumped up got dressed,got the gun and tripod out the truck and off on the golfcart I went. Slipped in and he didn’t have a clue I was anywhere around. Got set up like the other three times but after the first shot he hit the dirt and started kicking so I threw two more down there just cause.
Man that’s awesome ! You have been after that joker for awhile and time expired on him ! Good job

sghoghunter

Got another smart one. He’s been hitting another feeder the past few days but he showed up at this one tonight. He’s already showing bad habits that might get nipped in the bud tomorrow night if he comes before bedtime

Attachments

• file20231026200925UMCOS.jpeg
    file20231026200925UMCOS.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 12
  • file20231026201432GWH9T.jpeg
    file20231026201432GWH9T.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts