Big Jim's "Fling and a Prayer Fall Warm Up" Shoot

Jake Allen

August 25 & 26
@ Big Jim and Barbara's spread in Albany.

2, 15 Target 3D Ranges

Classes: Men's Traditional, Women's Traditional Men's Primitive, Women's Primitive, Youth Traditional

Shooting Begins Daylight on Saturday, thru Mid-Afternoon Sunday

Costs:
Individual: $15.00 day/ 25$ weekend
Couples: $25.00 day/ $40.00 weekend
Youth (17 & under) $10.00 for the weekend

Jim Babcock: 229-344-6617
Office: 229-420-5669

Address: 812 Morgan Court. Albany, Ga 31705
Directions: From Albany take Hwy 82 East. Trun right on County Line Rd (@ Acree) Go 2 miles and turn right on Thomas Road.
(Signs will be posted on County Line Rd and Thomas Rd)

Ya'll come and shoot!

Attachments

• img004.jpg
    img004.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 908

snook24

Thanks for posting this. I'll be there!

dutchman

I wonder how that ol' boy that wore his snake gaiters all weekend at the IBO Trad World would like Big Jim's place? LOL

BigJim Bow

Don't scare em off before they even get here. I know that there was one killed here a couple years back, but I have been all over this property many times and have yet to see one personally and that includes having my dogs with me.

Anyway, for those who ain't scared, it promises to be a fun weekend.
We have already started prepping the grounds and should start setting targets soon.
I have a few older targets to get rid of for a fair price and the food should be good too.
Please try to make it down and tell a few friends about it, we enjoy seeing new people as well as the regulars.
Am expecting a few out of staters as well.

Hope to see ya'll there, BigJim

BigJim Bow

I know it's early, but just kinda wondering who thinks they'll make it this year.
Right now it looks like it will be just Snook and Stick-n-string and me. We'll make the best of it :)

I have changed the range to 2 - 15 target courses in order to make it a little easier for the shooters this year as we know it can get a little warm in August. You can however shoot them as much as you like.
thanks, bigjim

BigJim Bow

We have plenty of room to camp, but for those less hardy, there are several hotels near by.

Wait a minute TNBuckSkinner, Jamie said he was trying to talk you in to coming down.

thanks, big jim

BigJim Bow

Things are looking good on this end. Cleaning up, mowing grass, cleaning trails.
Going to be a good weekend here if you come see us.
thanks,bigjim

cpowel10

I'll be there Saturday.

I'll be the kinda fat guy with a compound who can't shoot worth a flip, I'll probably be following Jonathan and chase around. I live 5 minutes from you Big Jim!

hogdgz

I'll be there Saturday.

I'll be the kinda fat guy with a compound who can't shoot worth a flip, I'll probably be following Jonathan and chase around. I live 5 minutes from you Big Jim!

I will act like I dont know you!!! :rofl:

BigJim Bow

Now hogdgz, we must be sociable. Besides, I'll bet you still have that compound hidden deep in the closet for a rainy day :)

hogdgz

Now hogdgz, we must be sociable. Besides, I'll bet you still have that compound hidden deep in the closet for a rainy day :)

Nope, its been gone for years, but sometimes I think I need it cause I cant hit nothing, lol.

Last edited:

BigJim Bow

hogdgz, if you ain't doin nothing, come on by tomorrow (Fri) you use a little help setting targets.

Shaping up nicely, bigjim

beaulesye10

I'll be there for sure... Looking forward to letting the longbow eat on someone else's targets for a little bit!

BigJim Bow

Well, we finished the first course last night (shy of a little weed eating) and things are shaping up nicely.
I have heard a report of "somewhat" cooler temps for next week and am excited about the possibilities (no promises).
There has also been a fair amount of folks replying to me via phone or in person vowing to attend.
This could be our biggest shoot ever!

I have a new target on the way that could prove to be very interesting but it will have to remain seceret for at least a little while.
I believe I must be getting soft in my age as it apears that the range is a little easier than usual. Of course that is completely my perspective and possibly a figment of my imagination.

On top of all the other goodies- coffee, drinks, and food on site, we hope to have an order of blems here by then.

Again, I ask for your help to keep the information going so others can experience the festivites and allow us to keep this shoot growing.

thanks,bigjim