Big Ugly

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
That's a full grown rubber lip.

GTMODawg

BANNED
I can't for the life of me understand why red drums are trophies even when they ain't headed for the table while big uglies are not considered trophies. Black drum 5 pounds or less are as good on the table as a red drum is and every bit as fun to catch. I get it that they ain't good for much after about 5 pounds but most of the time all reds are released by law anyway so they aren't good for the table either LOL...black drum are fun to catch any way you slice it....

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
I can't for the life of me understand why red drums are trophies even when they ain't headed for the table while big uglies are not considered trophies. Black drum 5 pounds or less are as good on the table as a red drum is and every bit as fun to catch. I get it that they ain't good for much after about 5 pounds but most of the time all reds are released by law anyway so they aren't good for the table either LOL...black drum are fun to catch any way you slice it....
I target them at times tailing with my fly rod. They are a blast and can be challenging to get them to take a fly.